Speed Six Question from a new guy!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff,
SOCOM Blue with the clear coat will look nice. One word of warning?, Depending on the loads you shoot, the Cerakote may discolor a bit over time around the face of the cylinder and a milimtere or 2 back on the outside of the cylinder. This is due to the hot gases that escape between the barrel/cylinder gap and it's more noticable on the dark colors. However, it doesn't affect the corrosion resistance abilities of the Cerakote. I do a lot of Cerakoting in my gunsmithing business and this has shown up before. I've talked to the Cerakote folks (NIC Industries) and they are cognizant of this and are working to see what might be done.

jcal73

Bearcat
Got the little revolver back today!!

I think it turned out great!
I will try to get better pics tomorrow.

After%201_zpszuzzpgbp.jpeg

Jeff

mohavesam

Hawkeye
You stole that gun! The last one I saw in these parts was $500 and had more wear. I know I rarely pass one up... 8)

Pass on the el cheapo spray finishes, likewise on enickel or other shortcuts.
I would've sent t ONLY to Ruger. RUGER will re-blue your gun and they do it right, they do it for far less money than you'd think. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the factory what made it, re-finishing it! That way, it is still a factory finish. Dont let anyone tell ya different.
Send it to Ruger and keep the receipt and paperwork they send back with it. You'll not be sorry. (They will most probably also "fix" it up where they can for little or no charge, they're kinda proud of the way those guns were built).