Speed Six -- Just a darn nice gun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tguil

Single-Sixer
I'm headed out on a short camping trip in a very familiar but rather out of the way place. Not a hunting trip. No major long hikes. My two very inquisitive golden retrievers will be with me. There are no critter concerns to speak of -- either four legged or two legged. However, it is rattlesnake country. Just be safe the pups will be on leashes.

In trying to decide which of my handguns to take on this quick trip, I immediately thought of my Speed Six -- three rounds of snake shot backed up by three 158 grain .38 semi-wadcutters should work just fine. Of course I'll have some .357 hollow points in a speed loader just in case I actually do run across a nasty legged critter.

I have had this gun for over 25 years. Don't shoot it much, and don't carry it all that often, but there are times it is "just right". Oh, I do look at it from time to time. I think that it may be my "purtiest" handgun. :D

Tom :cool:

tguil

Single-Sixer
None now. I never have gotten into taking pics of my "arsenal". Maybe something I should do when hunting season is over. All of my guns are in "stock" condition. Nothing fancy at all.

street

Hunter
tguil":3nc6oicc said:
All of my guns are in "stock" condition. Nothing fancy at all.

There is nothing wrong with the looks of a stock Ruger. If they were not a nice looking gun, then Ruger would not have made and sold millions of them. I'm sure that most of us would love to see pictures of your "Stock" Rugers.

oldgoat46

Bearcat
3 rounds rat shot, 3 rounds HP +P you just described my own everglades assortment in my speed six. Great pistol, not as heavy as my GP 100. just a nice easy to carry revolver.

Wild Bill '67

Single-Sixer
Sounds like a winning combo there, tguil.

I have always likes the Police, Speed and Security Sixes. They aren't much bigger than a S&W K frame and a whole bunch stronger.

Wish Ruger still made them. Probably would cost too much to produce like everything else.

I am always on the lookout for one when out and about.

tekarra

Bearcat
2 Speed Sixes in 9mm and a Service Six in .357.
Stock as stove bolts,
DSCN0991.jpg
but they sure look good.

Latest posts