SPEED SIX EJECTOR?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Merle1948

Buckeye
Greetings,

Last range trip the ejector rod on my wife's 9mm backed out far enough that the the cylinder would not close. Anyone else ever experience this? Any cure, other than locktite?

:?: :?: :?:

maxpress

Buckeye
oh yeah, mines a .357 but i have had it happen after 300rnds. i kinda made it a habit to just try to tighten it when i took a break. not that it happens that often. i dont know that you would want to put locktight on it. might get into the wrong spot and make the cylinder sticky. but im sure someone that knows more will be along shortly

Merle1948

Buckeye
maxpress":3iynwstt said:
oh yeah, mines a .357 but i have had it happen after 300rnds. i kinda made it a habit to just try to tighten it when i took a break. not that it happens that often. i dont know that you would want to put locktight on it. might get into the wrong spot and make the cylinder sticky. but im sure someone that knows more will be along shortly

I did notice that the threads appeared "wet" or oily. Perhaps I should just degrease the rod & wait & see. Now I'm concerned about Locktiting things that shouldn't be locktited.

Thanks for the reply.

:? :? :?

maxpress

Buckeye
the funny thing is i cant help but stop thinking that with the left handed threads and the opposite cylinder rotation it should be self tightening.

well if that ever really bugs you i know someone that will buy it off you :mrgreen:

Alpha426

Bearcat
Once the ejector rod is unscrewed from the cylinder/yoke assembly, you need to replace the star washer with a new one, otherwise the rod will work itself loose.

Merle1948

Buckeye
Alpha426":2yxdb4pg said:
Once the ejector rod is unscrewed from the cylinder/yoke assembly, you need to replace the star washer with a new one, otherwise the rod will work itself loose.

OK, thanks. Since the rod didn't come all the way out, I didn't see the washer.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Merle1948

Buckeye
maxpress":29284obb said:
the funny thing is i cant help but stop thinking that with the left handed threads and the opposite cylinder rotation it should be self tightening.

well if that ever really bugs you i know someone that will buy it off you :mrgreen:

Since it is my wifes gun, that wouldn't be smart - unless I sold ALL of them to save my hide!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: