speed six cylinder rotation

Help Support Ruger Forum:

voland

Bearcat
I picked up a new to me speed six 2.75" and it looks like it has a little issue. When I pull the trigger, the cylinder rotates counterclockwise as its suppose to. Everything seems to line up fine but I can almost freely spin the cylinder by hand clockwise. I have two others, speed six and a service six and neither one exhibit this behavior. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

V

Alpha426

Bearcat
Check the position of the pawl which may be too far back to fully engage the ratchets. Adjustment is made by taking the pawl out of the trigger group and bending the "toe" upwards.

louiethelump

Buckeye
Just from what you have written, it sounds like it may be a cylinder stop problem, with the cylinder stop not coming up as high as it should to engage the locking notch in the cylinder. I am pretty sure the Ruger times off the side of the hand, like a S&W; not off the end of the hand like a Colt, so once the hand has pushed the cylinder into place, the cylinder stop holds it. If I remember correctly, there is an adjustment step on the top of the cylinder stop that can be filed down to allow the cylinder stop to rise further up in the opening in the frame.

Louie