Speed Six 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Geezer

Single-Sixer
Just how rare is the Speed Six in 9mm? I know that there do not seem to be many around. At this time, none on Gunbroker. I was wanting a SP101 DAO and I ended up trading for the Speed Six. It sounded like a good idea at the time, a nice, well made snubby and I have a sheetload of 9mm ammo. Now, I'm not so sure about it. Granted, I haven't fired it yet but I'm thinking that some Speed Strips with /38/.357 would be easier than half moon clips. Anyone out there have any knowledge about a 9mm revolver?

Terry T

Buckeye
Full Moon clips are just about the fastest revolver reload one can do. (Will beat speed strips every time.)
9mm in a revolver splits the difference in power between a .38 and a 357. 9mm is a bit more efficient in a short barrel.
9mm SP101s are REALLY hard to find.
6 shots usually beats 5 shots.
I can get two loaded full moon clips in a speed loader pouch so I can carry twice the ammo in the same space.

What's not to like?
Terry T

Terry T":1623fl2q said:
Full Moon clips are just about the fastest revolver reload one can do. (Will beat speed strips every time.)
9mm in a revolver splits the difference in power between a .38 and a 357. 9mm is a bit more efficient in a short barrel.
I can get two loaded full moon clips in a speed loader pouch so I can carry twice the ammo in the same space.

What's not to like?
Terry T

+1 :D

contender

Ruger Guru
I own a Speed-Six in 9mm & love it. Yes,, they are a bit hard to find as NOBODY sells theirs unless they have to or don't know what they have. Ruger factory 1/2 moons are the normal reload,, but you can get full moon clips for them.

Geezer

Single-Sixer
I have decided to sell. PM and I'll let you know when it will happen. Thanks to everyone for all the interest in this revolver.

nn

Single-Sixer
Terry T":2tb2pkaz said:

What's not to like?
Terry T
What you forgot to mention is that a speed six will not normally eject spent 9mm cases without poking them out with a stick or something, making moonclips necessary.