speed loaders for single actions...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joe S.

Hunter
I use a double stack mag for loading my 45 acp vaquero. Its handy. Guess one could use a desert eagle mag for 357 or 44. But this is neat. Maybe a 6 shot is next

contender

Ruger Guru
I have some of these Tuff strips for reloading SA revolvers.
Handy but a bit bulky to carry a bunch.
However,, they are not expensive, and the company and especially the president/owner is a STRONG NRA supporter. He has personally helped my events out for a couple of years now. His products are good. they also make strips for ammo in many different sizes. (I have some for my 327 Mag.) Check them out if you think you may enjoy them.

Joe S.

Hunter
I use the Bianchi strips but as soon as they peter out i will replace them with Tuff. I appreciate his support and knew they were big gun rights people.

s4s4u

Hunter
Does Tuff make an inline like the speed strips? They fit so much nicer in the pocket.

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
s4s4u said:
Does Tuff make an inline like the speed strips? They fit so much nicer in the pocket.

Yes, I have several of their inline strips for 22lr, 44 (mag or special), and 32 (32 mag, 327 mag). I use them for both my single actions and double actions. Their a little tight for the single actions but still better than lose rounds in you pocket. Probably a draw between them and cartridge loops. I use cheap 1911 style magazines for my 45 acp birds head.

Joe S.

Hunter
Yea the speed strips work great for the first two rounds then get tight.

When i use em, i load three, flip and load 3. Helps a little.

JmE

Single-Sixer
I use a 1911 magazine for my birdshead. I keep all of my .38 Spl and .357 Mag for other revolvers on SKS clips (7.62x39). IDK how well they'd work as speed loaders but it is much better than loose rounds in a pocket or range bag.