SPECIFIC gp100 wiley clapp question about the finish

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Neezer

Bearcat
i own a gp100 wiley clapp edition. great gun i might ad. for a lack of better words, i would call the finish on the wiley clapp bead blasted or target gray. the other day while searching the net, someone had a photo of their new wiley clapp gp100. it looked to me like the finish was the usual brushed stainless steel. i thought the finish probably looked different just cuz of the photo and i didnt think much of it. all other traits seemed to be just like the wiley clapp version other then the finish. this is what leads me to believe it was a true wiley clapp and not a "home job" or gun modified after purchase. for the life of me i cant find that picture for reference. so my question is.......do they make other finish variations for the wiley clapp that i am not aware of? keep in mind that i am NOT refering to the blued wiley clapp version that is coming out any time. again, this one looked like brushed stainless just like most gp's that are sold today. am i loosing my mind? would appreciate any input you can provide. thanks

matt
fort wayne In

lfpiii

Blackhawk
My local dealer told me that some have been made with a standard stainless finish. He even said that they might become a catalog item.

David L

Bearcat
The one I own and the only ones I've ever seen have the more greyish, bead blasted finish. Not saying there couldn't be different ones out there but I've never seen one or seen one for sale.

I have a question about the bead blasted finished. How much harder is it to keep clean from carbon deposits than the brushed stainless finish? It looks like it would be nightmare to get all of the carbon of the cylinder, and that's why I havent considered getting one. If they are going to the brushed finish as a normal stocking item, I think I'll wait to get one of those.

Latest posts