Spare SR9c parts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wiz1997

Single-Sixer
I'm looking to set up a spare parts box for a Ruger SR9c.

I wife and I both have the SR9c as our carry firearms.

I know Rugers are nearly indestructible, but I feel better knowing I have the parts I may never need in the parts box.

I have most of the parts that go in the lower section of the pistol.

I have no spare parts for the slide section.

What parts would make a good parts kits?

Primarily asking about the slide section.

Thanks in advance

wiz1997

Single-Sixer
OK....I'll be less specific.
If you own a semi-auto Ruger pistol; what small parts, enclosed in the slide, would you keep in your spare parts box.
The reason I ask is because, I will eventually leave a firearm, or two, to the grandkids and want to pass a parts repair kit with it.
I know springs and pins top the list, but what other parts related to the slide would you add to the parts box?
I've already encounted a Ruger SR9c part that pops up as "unavailable" on Numrich or not listed on the shop ruger site.
I believe the SR9c is no longer being manufactured.
Gotta think ahead.
My Dad left me with his P95 and a bunch of parts.
I think I just answered my own question..... I will look at what he left me and duplicate those parts for a SR9c.
Still would like a few opinions.

NikA

Buckeye
My perspective: I'd keep model-specific parts like extractors, firing pins, and firing pin stops; I'd be much less likely to keep things that are readily available or made from generic parts like springs and pins. In my mind, it's generally not difficult to source something like a pin or a spring unless there are very specific dimensional or material requirements, and I just don't see those being an issue in most firearms use cases.

There are plenty of spare parts for the SR9C. I made it a point to have them. Recoil springs, Strikers, extractors etc. The SR9 is still sold, under a different distributor. The gun is as well built as any on the market. Most likely will just have to replace the Recoil springs if shot often. I buy a number of them at the same time.

Pops 1

Single-Sixer
FergusonTO35 said:
Parts availability is the reason my P95 and SR9c got replaced by a Glock 19 and 26. I can get parts for them anywhere right frickin' now.
That is the good thing about Glock you can buy any part for it from a number of sources.

FergusonTO35 said:
Thats why I have five Glocks!

Again, you can get parts from many sources for the SR9c. You do NOT have to buy a Glock just because you might need parts.That is ridiulous. If you need parts you can contact Ruger. I had a old gun and they sent many many parts for no charge. The SR9 is built like a tank and it would take many thousands of rounds down range before it needed any parts other than Recoil springs. Besides, lol, I thought Glocks never never needed parts. Yea right.