SP101 Transfer Bar Rattles

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sassi

Bearcat
I just bought a new SP101 that has had the Wolff 10 pound spring installed in it. The transfer bar wiggles and rattles. The gun seems to work OK, although I have not fired it yet. The transfer bar moves up and down like it is supposed to. I am seeking suggestions on how to fix this wiggle/rattle issue.

reakin

Single-Sixer
Don't shake the gun.

Seriously though, every one I've ever seen rattles. I could be wrong, but I think its just the way they are made.

reakin

Sassi

Bearcat
Thank you all for the replies. I sort of thought that may be the case with this model gun. I have an older Charter Arms Undercover 38 Special with the transfer bar and in it the bar does not rattle. That is what was throwing me off on this.

ShakyJake

Bearcat
Hi,
Just means that the transfer bar is moving freely and not bindling on anything. Put mine back together once after cleaning and worked really rough. When checking I didn't hear that usual click-clack or see the bar move when I flipped the SP back and forth. Took trigger package back out found a nylon bristle around bar. That brush went out.
TaKe CaRe
Ted

bub

Single-Sixer
Not a problem at all, they all so it to some extent. When I have my SP loaded, the loaded rounds shake back and forth a slight amount in the cylinder and make more noise than the transfer bar rattling. Shoot it and enjoy.

Bub

Latest posts