SP101 questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ADawg

Bearcat
Thanks again everyone for the replies. Everyone is pretty positive about the SP, although bobsleatherworks raised the issue of accuracy. I am not very experienced and I have done OK with snubbies at the range so I think with more practice it would be fine, esp. short range of course. I have a 4" GP100 which is nice with 38 Special, so little recoil. That is a fun gun to shoot and my accuracy is decent out at 20 yards or so.

Bub, you make excellent points. I was really thinking of it as a potential carry gun, after I get more experience. So for that I would get the 2" DAO so it could potentially be in my pocket. Maybe I should even look into an LCR. So many options!

bub

Single-Sixer
ADawg, not a problem. However, depending on how you plan on carrying the SP, the 3" may well work out good for you. If you can, decide how you want to carry and go try one out. If you can make the 3" work for you, I think you will find that it is much easier to shoot well. If the 3" won't work, there's always the 2 1/4" to fall back on. Good luck, I think you'll really like the SP. I know I LOVE mine!

Bub