sp101 minus the warning

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rodfarva

Single-Sixer
100_1445.jpg

100_1456.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Nicely done. Gotta ask though...is the warning a big deal on a gun designed for use as a carry and/or defensive gun? Just curious as I don't recall ever seeing it done on a SP model before.
Now how 'bout the other side pic? :)

G2

Hunter
BLING ! ! !

Now you need a party to go too. :D

Looks good,

FLITZ?

Safe2Fire

Bearcat
Looks like the sharp edges were nicely melted as well. What grades of sand paper did you use before switching over to the flitz? Also was all of the sanding by hand?

rodfarva

Single-Sixer
A small percentage of the sanding was done using the dremel tool which mostly involved removal of the warning. The cylinder was sanded by spinning it in a drill while the sandpaper was held by hand. The coarsest grit used was 80 grit emory cloth. I then gradually worked up to 600 grit sandpaper. I probably could have spent less time polishing with the Flitz and dremel tool if I had spent more time sanding, but I found the polishing to be less tedious than sanding even if it was more time consuming in the long run.

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Some nice panels and you have a one of a kind shooter. That polished finish is SO much easier to clean than the satin....pretty much wipe off and go.

rodfarva

Single-Sixer
Sometimes she wears Hogue monogrips. I'm planning on buying a pair of Badger Rosewood boot grips.

wixedmords

Blackhawk
I think the Badger's would be a great fit rodfarva.

I am tempted to get a pair of Badger's in Corian for one of my stainless Security Sixes. I think it would be a great match.

Great job on the SP again. ;)

Latest posts