SP101 6 shot 22lr

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lwestes

Bearcat
Traded for a SP101 6 shot 22lr 4inch full lug barrel. Not shot much according to condition, very good shape. Serial # 570-5xxxx. Like the sights , tight to the barrel. No elevation adj. Trigger a lot better than the new 8 shot version. Add pictures later.

32magfan

Blackhawk
I bought one exactly like that in 1993. I foolishly sold it to a friend I met at the range I shoot at, for $350 about 6 years ago. Three years ago, I bought another SP101 in 22LR from another buddy. It was the 2" one, also six shot. I showed this one to the first friend and he offered to sell the first one back for the same price he paid!! Nice friend. He had bought a pair of S&W model 43C's and didn't need it anymore. All I had to do then was replace the front sight. This fellow likes to take a bastard file to sights to get them " perfect". :roll:

The 4" heavy lug barrel is really nice and feels substantial. I like the gun alot and it does a nice job on the falling plate rack at the range.

Enjoy your new gun and don't be afraid to shoot the Dickens out of it - you will never wear it out.

32Magfan

falrifles

Bearcat
I have one that I bought in Arcadia Missouri in the late 90's. They had two of them. One brand new and one used without a box. I bought the used one. It looked new. It shot so well that I went back a month later to buy the new one and it was gone. I went there originally to find a S&W kit gun model 63 or 34. I don't regret my purchase at all. Just wish I had bought them both.

My sights are dead on. Trigger pull is a little heavy but manageable. The balance is superb. The sight picture is easy to acquire. The sight leaf imbedded into the top strap was a slight "put off" for me originally, but is ingenious and I'm over it. Bill Ruger knew what he was doing. I would love to have the 2" version.

I will never sell this gun. It will go to my kids.

Congrats on your trade. Great little gun. Pictures...

I bought one of the 4" six shot SP101's early on. I sold it and got a Smith 337 due to the Smith being much lighter. I no longer have the 337, but miss the SP101 22.

I hope Rger comes through with an LCRx 22 with a 3, 4, or 5 inch barrel.

eveled

Hawkeye
I like mine a lot. It goes well with my GP100.
I would love to find a short barell one.
fathersonset002_zps9b38820c.jpg

hittman

Staff member

I found this one a few years back on consignment in a local store. Second year production.

In my experience, the 2" model is very scarce. Either they didn't make many, or (more likely) people just don't let them go. Most accurate snubby I ever found.