SP 101 problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

any ruger

Blackhawk
When I load my 101 I can tip it upside down and the cartridges will fall out. If I try to unload with the ejector it binds after about 1/4 inch. Any thoughts? Have tried it with 38 and 357. It's a 357 5 shot.

txray357

Bearcat
I have an older SP101 and a newer one. The older one was used and shots great. The newer one, is rougher finished and the trigger and hammer are different. I can cock the hammer about six times, and it gets very hard to cock. It shoots ok but has a heavy trigger after shooting about 20-30 rounds. I'm thinking of finding a local gunsmith to look at it. It is a range only shooter for now. The older SP is EDC. I'm wanting a 3-inch GP100, but I want an older model with solid trigger and hammer.

Carry_Up

Single-Sixer
When I load my 101 I can tip it upside down and the cartridges will fall out. If I try to unload with the ejector it binds after about 1/4 inch. Any thoughts? Have tried it with 38 and 357. It's a 357 5 shot.
Sure, but not much information here. A new firearm? Started happening just recently? What simple checks have you done? The first thing to check on .38/.357 revolvers is whether there is a ring of firing residue in the chambers. That ring of stuff has to be cleaned out. If every one of the 5 chambers holds onto a fired case, then you start thinking insufficient finish reaming. Bent ejector rod possible, but unusual unless the gun has received the Hollywood treatment. A bent ejector rod will stick without ANY cases in the cylinder. ...things you can do without expensive equipment. No comments on the repair invoice? That won't help us out. Wonder what they did?
As usual, some are impressed by the need to send their firearm back for repair.

"And the mother ship delivers again!"
Too bad the mother ship couldn't deliver the first time.

Carry_Up

woodsy

Blackhawk
Read all the posts. It was stated to be a used one.
I often do the same, not getting all the details.

any ruger

Blackhawk
Sorry I didn't follow used gun sent back to Ruger bent ejector rod. Gun looked brand new.. To many things to consider when buying used gun. Would any of you put cases in it and try to eject them? Will next time might be called picky who cares.

Latest posts