SP 101 Match Champion

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dobe

Bearcat
Captain America said:
Did you adjust the rear sight or are you out of adjustment?
No I didn't .

The amount it was off made adjustment a moot point. Even if I had been able to pull that amount of windage to the left at 50 feet, there wouldn't be any adjustment room at 25 yards.

44Alaskan

Bearcat
No matter how shiny and tuned with fancy engraving on it the SP101 is a self-defense tool for two legged threats. Target 1 at 21 feet which is considered maximum justifiable self-defense distance looked great for double action. If you were aiming center mass on an attacker, target 1 states he would be down. I like breaking in new guns with cheap ammo to get a feel for the gun but the point of impact always disappoints me once compared to quality hotter ammo which is far more accurate. I understand the feeling of wanting pinpoint accuracy in a carry gun for confidence, even at 50 feet, and am sure all the glitches in the SP101 will be straightened out by Ruger.

Midway USA SP101 Review

Dobe

Bearcat
Don't let the model moniker SP101 define its purpose. I didn't purchase this handgun as a defensive handgun, but rather as light weight field handgun. If a 4.2" GP100 can make a 50 yard shot at a deer, take out a snake at 5 feet, and then a rabbit at 25 yards, I can assure you that an SP101 with a 4.2" barrel is capable of the same.

You can see now, why I expect better. I would expect better, even if it were to be used as a self defense handgun.