SP-101 grip question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
My SP-101 is my secondary carry gun, and when I carry it IWB the rubber grips rub me the wrong way. Is there such a thing as a wood or plastic grip that's the same size as the original? I know I can get aftermarket grips that won't grab, but all of the ones I've seen are larger than stock, and I want to keep it the same size.

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
I have not seen any lioke that. The closest i can think of would be the badger grips. If you can't find any drop me a line. I could make a set like that if you want. Steve

Boomer

Single-Sixer
I'm considering purchasing a new SP101 (or S&W Model 60 Pro) to join my other handguns. I already have 3 Rugers, but none are DA revolvers.

Anyway, I really like the look of these Altamont grips (an OEM supplier, I believe):
http://altamontco.com/products/pistol/ruger/sp101.php Their website shows no stock and low pricing, so you'd need to email or call them to determine availability direct or through distribution.

Aug 19 update: Altamont does have grip inserts in stock at $14/pair and also sells customer direct.
I just placed a phone order for two pairs. I ordered a new SP101 .357 with 3" barrel yesterday too!
:D

Edit: I now see that the Altamonts are inserts rather than complete replacement grips and unlikely to achieve your stated objective.

Boomer

Single-Sixer
See the update to my earlier post on Altamont grip inserts.
Maybe not what the OP is looking for, but others might be interested...