SP-101 Altamont grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

4x5

Bearcat
Anyone know if the Altamont grips for the SP-101 are the same size as the factory grip? I'm hoping they're a little bit bigger.

pleadthe2nd

Single-Sixer
I think their the same size, look at Hogue grips, they have them big enough for all fingers on the grip, I put the rubber ones on my sp101, great fit.

hammie

Single-Sixer
@4x5: I have an sp-101 with a 4 inch barrel, and the ruger grips were just too small for my hands. Altamont wood grips are laminates, but great grips. I looked at altamonts, but they seemed the same size as the ruger factory. I then bought some hogue grips, but they narrowed toward the bottom and felt too small in diameter, and didn't give me the control I wanted. I then just said "what the heck" and rolled the dice and bought a pair of sp-101 grips made in Thailand. They were perfect and look great. You can buy then directly on Amazon. Just go to amazon and search for "sp-101 handicraftgrips". Or just search for "handicraftgrips", which will take you to the vender and all handgun models, but you can narrow it down from there. Prices for the sp-101 vary from about 55$ to 90$, depending on features (checkering, etched designs, finger grooves, etc.).