Southpaw American rifle in 6.5 CM.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
I noticed today that Ruger is now listing the American Predator rifle in a left hand version in 6.5 Creedmore. The SKU is 16977 which is only one number different from the new 7.62x39 Ranch rifle, so it must be a new release as well. WebleyMan, here's your left hand 6.5 you wanted. If the barrel's too long, it can be shortened. Sports South also has an exclusive stainless steel right hand version, #16973. Bob!!! :D

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I'm glad to see more left-handed versions of the American. They make the left-handed action in both blued and stainless steel and long and short form and they make left handed synthetic stocks so it should be easy to offer nearly all their variations left handed too.

rangerbob

Buckeye
FYI, if anybody is interested in the Southpaw 6.5 CM rifle, Lipseys just got in 27 of these. Bob 8)

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I saw that too. I have a Ruger American Rifle in 7mm-08, left handed, stainless. I love it. I can imagine the 6.5 too :)

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
Just ordered one of the left hand Predators in 6.5 from LSS warehouse. It was $412.18 shipped and insured to my dealer

WebleyMan

Single-Sixer
rangerbob said:
I noticed today that Ruger is now listing the American Predator rifle in a left hand version in 6.5 Creedmore. The SKU is 16977 which is only one number different from the new 7.62x39 Ranch rifle, so it must be a new release as well. WebleyMan, here's your left hand 6.5 you wanted. If the barrel's too long, it can be shortened. Sports South also has an exclusive stainless steel right hand version, #16973. Bob!!! :D

I just saw this on the Lipsey's site about 15 minutes ago and was thinking the same thing. I won't give a hoot about velocity loss from 22" to 18"...all my shots are under 100 yards. I just have a thing for 6.5 mm bullets, and low recoil. I was going to have my LGS order me a Mossberg Shockwave, but I may need to bump this one up to the top of the list.

Question, though: why does the Predator seem to be listing for about $100 more than the base American rifle?

rangerbob

Buckeye
WebleyMan, I did some checking and discovered the following facts. Predator models are $20 more that their black stocked cousins. I guess it's the green stock and the full length scope rail. The left handed model is $17 more because southpaws will pay the difference and anything in 6.5CM is going to be in high demand. The above prices are at the dealer cost level. Hey, what's $17 to get what you want. I've sold one Shockwave and one Tac-14. Both are bad to the bone up close. BTW, the current Shockwaves come with QD swivel studs installed. I had to install a set on the Tac-14 870. Bob! 8)

WebleyMan

Single-Sixer
Thanks. I think I will pick up one of these and keep my 6.5 Swede No. 1 out of the rain for a few years.