Sorry, but it's that time of year, again !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
I know, I know, I just can't help it ! I get excited about a good gun, as the next fella :D . I also get excited about good food, especially dutch ovens, cast iron skillets, barbeque grills, smokers, you name it ! If good chow is around, I'm usually not far behind :lol: .

Tonight I fired up the grill, and couldn't make my mind up. So I made a medley of boneless pork chops, chicken, and lastly, some hot Italian sausage. I also made up some of 'sixshots' famous taters, just to stay in practice, and kinda knock the rust off. Had several family members over to help eat all this good food.

012.jpg

011.jpg

Everyone enjoyed themselves. It was a nice warm up for the cooking season to come.

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Sean, these are 'sixshots' famous Dutch oven taters ! Just fry some bacon in your Dutch, about 6 pieces,leave the grease, dice up your taters , one onion, add garlic powder and seasonall to taste, add a little milk , and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour, until taters are soft. When taters are done, just sprinkle on a bag of shredded chedar cheese, and add your crumpled bacon. Put your lid back on , so cheese melts. As 'sixshot' says, jump back, here comes the stampede :D