Sometimes you just get lucky

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
A couple weeks ago I found a stainless 5 1/2" Bisley in .45 Colt at my local candy store. It's in very nice condition but has seen some use but not abuse. Now about a year back I bought a stainless ACP cylinder for $90 delivered " just because". I had no immediate need or use for it and own several convertibles already. Well today I measured the ACP cylinder and the non fluted .45 Colt cylinder and found they measure exactly the same in every way that would affect fit and function.
A trip to the range today resulted in 2" groups at 25 yd with both Colt and ACP's and wth Lyman 255 gr. Keith bullet in the Colt over 7 1/2 gr. unique and they impact in exactly the same spot as when shooting 230 gr. Berrys plated RN bullets over 5 gr. Red Dot in the ACP. To say I am pleased is an understatement.

Jim Puke

Hunter
I have a stainless acp cylinder that I am going to sell...have no use for a convertible...and not much more for the 45colt gun, but I will keep it.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
It looks just like several hundred (thousand ???) just like it. The only difference is this one is mine.
I will post pictures after I get done making a nice pair of grips for it.