Sometimes, a "thank you" isn't enough

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
For several years now,, I've hosted a charity shooting match for Autism. This Forum has supported it in the past, as have many others.
Well, one of my major firearm accessory companies that has been a major donor of product from the second year until now has been wonderful. This year,, when I went to contact my friend there,,, I finally found out he'd retired. Now, the company had changed hands a few years ago, absorbed into a bigger company. So, when I found this out,,, I politely asked the lady I was talking to at the parent company who handled donations. She gave me a name & an email. I asked for a phone number. It was refused. So, I sent a total of 3 emails now, and that "lady" hasn't even had the courtesy to reply to any of them. No response what so ever. Not even a "I'm sorry we can't help you now."
I'm seriously disappointed in that company & it's policies. No way to get a phone number or even a reply.

This year,,, the charity match is going to have over double the shooters than ever before. (Thanks to my new Match Director.)
In the past, I've been able to give prizes to all competitors, that has equaled or exceeded their donation/entry fee.
This year, I will not be able to do this.

But,,, I have to seriously sing the praises of a different company.
This company has been with me from the very first year. Without fail, they have made product donations to help us out. In fact, when we first met, & they agreed to help, I was told they only support one other charity. I was honored to be #2. Well, now, they are down to just one again. My charity.
I am humbled.
But,, I was on the phone with one of the owners, & the FINE gentleman whom I've dealt with all these years. We have become friends, and I was telling him of my disheartening experiences with the other company. He asked me; "How many competitors are coming?" I told him at that moment, we were a hair over 80. He offers this;
A sample pack of stuff to be put in ALL competitors goodie bag. That's 4 bottles of stuff per person. Then he offers to send some of his full sized kits, as well as some gift certificates for services.
I was blown away.
Yesterday, 4 big boxes were delivered to me. the contents revealed 4 each sample bottles (2-3 oz bottles,) of different gun cleaning solutions. That's 320 bottles. Then there were 8 retail packaged full gun care kits to be used as drawing prizes. And, there were 3 gift certificates worth $150 each for gun refinishing.
I was stunned.

Folks, I've been using their gun cleaning stuff since before I asked for a donation. (That was why I asked them so many years ago, as it was good stuff.)
I've never used their gun services, but from what I've seen, they too are excellent.

I can not sing their praises enough.

KG Industries
Taylor Texas
www.kgcoatings.com

I post this as a way of saying "Thank You" to Chris,,, but,,,,, is just isn't enough. Chris has stepped up to make sure every competitor get a good item in a goodie bag. He told me if he didn't send enough to let him know & he'd send more.

If any of y'all have a chance to use KG cleaning supplies, please try them. And if you need a gun refinished or coated,, look into them. They have surely helped me & our Autism Charity above & beyond.

Thank You isn't enough!

ithaca4me

Bearcat
I got a deal on some Browning family legacy knife sets I will send you if you like. I should donate more and I have a friend that has an autistic son. I thought maybe my youngest was for a while turns out he is just speech delayed. I have 7 sets brand new in the box let me know if you want them. Here is a link to the ones on GB http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=440824314 (not mine) they are made in china but numbered 1&2 for a father and son or daughter or mother and son or daughter you get the idea.

George Tucker

Blackhawk
You have a really big Heart Ty, nice to see there are still some real Americans out there, George.

bedrockfred

Blackhawk
Howdy, my wife and I are raising our autistic Granddaughter, Haley, who is 9 years old. I have two new in the boxes,folding knives, 1 is a DeltaZ Damascus and blue curly maple , model #DZ-5207-MB
The other is a Browning #509 sambar stag skinner. I would like to send you, if they will help with your event! Please pm me your address and I will send them on to you.--bedrockfred

revhigh

Hawkeye
Great story ... My daughter graduates college this semester with a degree in rehabilitative services, and will be working with autistic kids.

Congratulations on your event and your kind and generous sponsor !

REV

Selena

Hunter
Hi Contender,

If you don't mind me trying to plug one of my "companies", I strongly suggest you contact the Cattlemen's Beef Association with your particulars. You might accidentally find yourself with not only a cash donation but beef barbeque as well.

Hole Shooter

Single-Sixer
Great story, Contender!! You are making this world a much better place!! Please keep up the good work!!
hs

contender

Ruger Guru
Wow,,,!
I want to thank the kind & generous offers by ithaca4me & bedrockfred. I have PMed them both. The match is October 17th & 18th,, so any donations will have to ship ASAP. If they are able to make it,, the prizes offered will be greatly appreciated.
Selena,,, I doubt I could get barbeque in time & all, but I will see about contacting them for a donation.

Folks,, all I want to do with this post was to introduce the members here to a great company,,,,,, KG Industries. To the folks who are going to try them,,, if you can in any way,, let Chris there know why. For a young man,,, he is truly a great person & lots of fun. Just don't tell him I think he's a smart guy. (LOL :D)
KG Industries & especially Chris have truly been wonderful sponsors & donors to us.

bedrockfred

Blackhawk
Got the address! Will ship priority mail in the morning!! Good luck with your event, and thank you for help with Autism!---bedrockfred

Latest posts