Somebody PLEASE demystify the Ruger Bisley for me!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Onty

Single-Sixer
I think that main problem in firearms industry is that too many times decisions what will go into production are made by some folks who are not shooters at all.

Here is example; Keith #5 revolver is conceived almost 100 years ago. If you ever try side by side standard base pin and #5 one, I bet that 95% of us will take #5 pin, and will never go back to standard one. How many revolvers on the market have that pin factory installed? None, as far as I know. The only one that I know of are TLA revolvers, but TLA is out of business decades ago.

If I could have the #5 pin arrangement for the same price as the more "standard" version I might be interested. Otherwise probably not. I'm not a stickler for accuracy unless a design purports to be an accurate re-issue of an historic piece, in which case I probably can't afford it anyway. JMHO

Onty

Single-Sixer
Base pin #5 must cost more, because larger diameter bar must be used, and more machining is required.

However, anyone experienced situation when pin is getting hard to pull out, especially when unintentional turned, will find soon why #5 pin is so much better.

Aftermarket one is available from various sources, or directly from manufacturer https://beltmountain.com .