Somebody is having an expensive bad weekend

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Don Lovel

Hunter
two rescue helicopters have been trips in and out of the 14,000+ft Crestone Needle area since late this afternoon. Awhile ago a Blackhawk was making large sweeps around this section of the Sangre in the dark and I saw them hovering in the valley between Crestone Needle and The top of Kit Carson side. A red & white Forest service helicopter was on location for awhile and the Blackhawk has made several trips into and back out of that area and used the POA shop parking lot out on the main road into Crestone for a landing zone.
Just a few minutes ago, long after dark the Blackhawk was making runs all around the peaks, must be searching with FLIR for someone and I saw them hovering right n the canyon between Crestone Needle and the SE side of Kit Carson peak.
Expensive when they hand you the bill if you live to tell about it. This back country here in the high Sangre is treacherous.

Jim Puke

Hunter
Sounds like it has the potential to be bad.

I just sent a prayer for all of those involved.

I hope for the lost people, that they are found, and alright. Prayers for the safety of lost, and the search and rescue teams.
gramps

Latest posts