Some New Gold Stabilized Spalted Maple

Help Support Ruger Forum:

caryc

Hawkeye
This is one of my latest pairs. I think they're pretty spiffy. Of course some of you traditional type guys might not like them.

637e.jpg

Papa

Bearcat
Very nice Cary. Did you come across some more material or did you already have this? I remember you said you'd been looking for some for a while.

Papa

caryc

Hawkeye
Papa":3jbraiwn said:
Very nice Cary. Did you come across some more material or did you already have this? I remember you said you'd been looking for some for a while.

Papa

These grips are from old stock. I'm always looking for material. I just purchased some good looking Oregon Myrtle yesterday. Looks promising. Can you guys see the grips in those boards? If you need a little help seeing them, each of those boards is 8.2" in width. It's a little easier to see them when you know the size.

F-Myrtle.jpg

dougader

Hunter
Every time I see some new grips that CaryC makes I get this recurring message going through my head...

"Cary is going to separate me from my money, I just know it..."

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
caryc":1jlqiyl0 said:
Papa":1jlqiyl0 said:

Papa

These grips are from old stock. I'm always looking for material. I just purchased some good looking Oregon Myrtle yesterday. Looks promising. Can you guys see the grips in those boards? If you need a little help seeing them, each of those boards is 8.2" in width. It's a little easier to see them when you know the size.

F-Myrtle.jpg

Yep, about a third of the way from the bottom, left grip from right hand board, Wright grip from left hand board. Black hardware, Tru-oil finish.

That's my take on the subject.

Bob Wright

mt

Single-Sixer
That Oregon Myrtle is going to provide a lot of "Feather" effects. I hope you post pics when you work it.

The Gold Stabilized Spalted Maple is gorgeous...as usual.

mt

two bit okie

Single-Sixer
cary is quite right. some folks may not like them. Of course some folks would not like Ann Margret in her prime. But we wont comment on these folks, cuz these grips are stone gorgeous

street

Hunter
If you don't like those grips, then you must have voted for Obama!!!!! I'm sure that you have made some nicer looking grips, but I would be happy with these any day. I wish I could do work as "half" as good as you can.