Some ammo starting to be resupplied here

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I actually posted this reply in the 1911 thread. Surely some kinds of ammo are showing up in your all's areas by now (I hope, anyway).

Pat-inCO said:
powder smoke said:
BUY AMMO NOW! While you can.
If you do not have it in hand, or in your safe, you are OUT OF LUCK.

"CBS News pointed out that over 5 million people were
first-time gun buyers last year."

So they have ZERO ammunition to start with.
That implies to me that they will pay what ever
it takes to get ammo for their new gun.

I took these at our Walmart a few days ago. .308/7.62x51 boxes and hundreds of boxes of .22's in various configurations: Federal 325 and 800 round boxes, and CCI standard velocity 100 round and 50 round boxes, Remington Golden Bullets in 525, and the way-overpriced Winchester 100 year anniversary throwback boxes of PowerPoint (300 rounds for $40 because of the retro box). Also a lot of 350 Legend. The local Rural King store has crates of .22, 9mm, .40 and .45's- mostly brands I haven't heard of. And a lot of .223.

Untitled by kentuckyyeti, on Flickr

Untitled by kentuckyyeti, on Flickr

Cholo

Staff member
Centerfire defense ammo has been showing up in Chattanooga for about 6 or so months. You can't be picky, though. A few weeks ago Sportsman's Warehouse had lots of 45ACP 185 gr. Speer Gold Dots for $39.99 per 20. A few days ago they had plenty of the 230 gr. Gold dots for the same price.

They'll sell every one of them at that price. Amazing what a shortage can do...

We are lucky so far. Neither Rural King nor Walmart has jacked up prices like the local pawn shop has with their ammo. I think they may have bought it from WM or RK and are reselling it to anyone who buys a used 9mm from them.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
About the only thing that's still pretty scarce here is .22wmr, and 00buck. Both are very expensive.

Danjet500

Buckeye
Yesterday I bought 100 .45ACP for $45. Local place called Woodville Surplus. Place was full of ammo.

fiasconva

Single-Sixer
The nearest local Walmart that hasn't had any ammo for well over a year now has some on the shelves. It looks about like the pic kentuckyyeti posted.

wheelgun1958

Blackhawk
GunnyGene said:
About the only thing that's still pretty scarce here is .22wmr, and 00buck. Both are very expensive.

*Try finding 410 shells.

*There's a lot of air in between those boxes.

Latest posts