Solving Problems in Kentucky the Simple Way

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FastEd

Hunter
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kentucky-man-shoots-down-drone-hovering-over-his-backyard/ar-AAdGg2x

Paul B

Buckeye
No matter, he is in trouble. One article I saw said the drone was hovering over his young daughter who were playing in the yard. If it were my daughters and it was hovering, it would definitely encounter serious triple A.
Still, discharging a firearm within city limits is a crime and he did fire shots. There is serious comments going on over on 24 hour campfire on what may or may not happen. Someone did bring up a comment that FAA flight regs may have been broken. Maybe some of the pilots here have a comment. Dunno how high the thing was but one commenter said 10 feet over his daughters. :?: :?: :?:
Paul B.

eric conrad

Buckeye
In Kali. they are trying to pass a law were L.E. can shoot down the drones that are interfering with the aircraft fighting fires. It is becoming a Big problem. They will not fly if the drones are spotted. Happened twice in the last two weeks. With no air water dropers the fires get out of control in a big hurry.
Eric

Mike J

Hunter
The judge should throw the case out. The drone owner should be taken into the public square & be beaten. Of course sadly this will not happen.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Taking the law into you own hands if frowned upon. The first thing to do is report it to the police. Then shoot it down the second time. He definately used the right load. Bet some ammo company is going to come out with 'Drone Downer III' the best anti-aircraft ammo on the market. :D

Wyandot Jim

Hawkeye
Well you Guys that want to send up a little Flak had better load up.
The world of Drones will be upon us soon. Look at the heavy hitters involved.
No I don't agree with it and will cost me money in my planes to avoid them.
Hey Mister can you spare a few buck so I can buy some #8s. I promise I won't spend it on beer :wink: :wink:
The Drone Air Force is on the way to a neighborhood near you. :D :D :D

In addition to Google the companies working with NASA include Amazon, Lochheed Martin, Raytheon, Airware, DroneDeploy, Matternet, Cisco and Verizon. "We have 125 collaborators and it's growing," said Kopadekar.

http://www.uasvision.com/2015/07/29/amazon-details-plans-for-drone-superhighway-in-the-sky/

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — Forget getting the latest, greatest cell phone. The next indispensable tech tool may be a drone of your own.
And daily life may never be the same.

"I see a time when every home will have a drone. You're going to use a drone to do rooftop inspections. You're going to be able to send a drone to Home Depot to get a screw driver," said Parimal Kopadekar, manager of NASA's Safe Autonomous System Operations Project at Ames Research Center in Mountain View, Calif.
And this won't happen in some long-distant future. "This is in five or 10 years," Kopadekar said Wednesday.

Kopadekar gave a keynote talk at a conference on Unmanned Aerial Systems Traffic Management hosted by NASA and the Silicon Valley Chapter of the Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International. The conference, at NASA's Ames Research Center in Mountain View, Calif., runs through Thursday.
"We can completely transform aviation. Quickly," said Dave Vos, lead of Google's secretive Project Wing, which is working with NASA — as are some 100 other companies — on an air traffic control system for small, low-altitude drones.

An effective air traffic system — needed to keep the skies under 500 feet from turning into a demolition derby — will play a major role in turning drones from a plaything into an engine of the economy, one affecting package delivery, agriculture, hazardous waste oversight and more.
In addition to Google the companies working with NASA include Amazon, Lochheed Martin, Raytheon, Airware, DroneDeploy, Matternet, Cisco and Verizon. "We have 125 collaborators and it's growing," said Kopadekar.

Mike J

Hunter
If one is flying too low I bet a wrist rocket with a ball bearing would get the job done.

Viking Queen

Blackhawk
I would bet a powerful hose nozzle would take out a drone....something like a home version of a firehose? No harm to neigbors but not friendly to electronics. :D :D

Just a thought.

VQ

graygun

Hunter
Seems we need some other ways to deal with them. Savvy e-types will be able to interfere with or fry the electronics in them.

The water hose sounds feasible if the drone is low enough.

Dan in MI

Staff member
The problem is how will you be sure you are in the last photo sent before it goes down in flames? Water, sling shot, or most any other means, they will generally require you to be close enough to photographed.

They know where it was.
They know who owns the land.
And now they have your picture
right wrong or indifferent they will have you in their sights afterwards

bobski

Hunter
8)

148-albums21-picture210t.jpg

stevemb

Hunter
We need a drone recipe, eat the evidence ! Lets see, start by marinading in a 50/50 mix of WD40 and pineaplle juice. Put in back of 'frig for a decade. During that decade we should be able to come up with something.

stevemb

Hunter
As I understand'em, better models have a live feed back to user/fliers device of choice. "Cheaper" models have a card that needs to be recovered to get data. Just thinkin' here. What is the lowest altitude allowed by the FAA for comm./private aircraft ? I see a bunch of new laws heading this way soon. Sigh..

JFB

Hunter
Dan in MI said:
The problem is how will you be sure you are in the last photo sent before it goes down in flames? Water, sling shot, or most any other means, they will generally require you to be close enough to photographed.

They know where it was.
They know who owns the land.
And now they have your picture
right wrong or indifferent they will have you in their sights afterwards
Then they should also see the threat and perform evassive manuvers to escape :)

Latest posts