SOLD Ruger Model 8301 22 LR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

red ryder

Single-Sixer
I bought this Ruger model 8301 for my wife in late 2017 so she could join me at the local range. After three trips to the range and perhaps 150-200 rounds, she decided it was not for her. She'd rather go to the gym (go figure). It has now been in my safe for six (6) months as she said she has zero interest in it. The specs on this rifle are as follows:
• Model Number: 8301
• Caliber: 22 LR
• Stock Black Synthetic
• Capacity 10
• Overall Length 41"
• Barrel Length 22"
• Front Sight Fiber Optic
• Rear Sight Adjustable
• Length of Pull 13.75"
• Weight 6 lb.
• Material Alloy Steel
• Finish Satin Blued
• Twist 1:16" RH
• Grooves 6
• Includes two interchangeable standard length of pull stock modules that provide comb height options for scope or iron sight use. By simply removing the rear sling swivel stud,
stock modules can be changed in seconds. Compact stock modules are available at ShopRuger.com.
• Features detachable, flush-mounted 10/22® BX-1 10-round rotary magazine and accept all 10/22® magazines, including the BX-25®, BX-25®x2 and BX-15
• Easy-to-use 10/22-style extended magazine release provides smooth, no-fuss removal of flush-mounted magazine.
• Patent-pending Power Bedding® integral bedding block system positively locates the receiver and free-floats the barrel for outstanding accuracy.
• Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger offers a crisp release with a pull weight that is user adjustable between 3 and 5 pounds, allowing shooters to make that perfect shot.
• Ergonomic, lightweight black synthetic stock (designed for quick, easy handling) blends a classic look with modern forend contouring and grip serrations.
• Features a visible, accessible and easy-to-actuate tang safety that provides instant security.
• Cold hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning.
• A 3/8" rimfire scope base is machined into the receiver, which is also drilled and tapped for Weaver® #12 bases (not included).
• A 60° bolt provides ample scope clearance and the easy-to-use, receiver-mounted bolt release allows the bolt to be readily removed without requiring a pull of the trigger, a
unique safety feature among rimfire, bolt-action rifles.
• Also includes: Williams fiber optic front sight and adjustable, "V" slot, folding-leaf rear sight; sling swivel studs.

I am asking $160 with $25 shipping USPS money order (to lower 48 states) for the rifle. Sorry no trades. This is probably legal in all states, but as I am unfamiliar with the law in all the states, please check to see if your state considers this legal. I will ship this to your FFL upon receipt of your USPS money and FFL documentation.

red ryder

Single-Sixer
blume357 said:
Free bump
Thank you. Evidently, I can use all the help I can get, but I am puzzled. This post has well over 600 views, but no buyers. Am I asking too much? I know Bud's wants $302 (w/o a CC) and I am asking only 65% of that for a gun that's like new. Interested in input. Thank you.

dusty3030

Bearcat
FWIW the 195 plus 35 puts it at 230. The local FFL who transfers it for your buyer is going to get another 25 or more out of them.
So that puts your prospective buyer out for at lest 255 or more on a gun that can be bought local new for between 250 and 270.

FTF deal at your 195 would be reasonable, but with shipping and FFL fees on an easy to obtain locally new gun it may not be coming off as attractive.

Good luck with your sale.

red ryder

Single-Sixer
dusty3030 said:
FWIW the 195 plus 35 puts it at 230. The local FFL who transfers it for your buyer is going to get another 25 or more out of them.
So that puts your prospective buyer out for at lest 255 or more on a gun that can be bought local new for between 250 and 270.
FTF deal at your 195 would be reasonable, but with shipping and FFL fees on an easy to obtain locally new gun it may not be coming off as attractive.
Good luck with your sale.
You do make a good point, however there would be sales tax (in most states) on the new gun purchase and the $25 FFL fee. I'll wait until someone local wants to buy it. Thanks for your input.

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
I would take it FTF but unfortunately we are pretty far apart and I don't have any plans to travel through Cheyenne any time soon. If you have plans to be in the Pinedale area in the near future let me know.
Mike

red ryder

Single-Sixer
warbird1975 said:
I would take it FTF but unfortunately we are pretty far apart and I don't have any plans to travel through Cheyenne any time soon. If you have plans to be in the Pinedale area in the near future let me know.
Mike
Pinedale is a bit far and even the halfway point, Ferris, Wyoming is a 3-1/2 hour drive, not counting pee breaks :( . Anyway I have decided dusty3030 is correct. I will reduce the price. See first post.

Latest posts