SOLD SOLD: Lipsey’s Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 44 Special & Reloading Items & Extras

Help Support Ruger Forum:

(Sold).. For sale is a Lipsey's Exclusive Ruger New Model Blackhawk Bisley 44 S&W Special (Model 5250, Catalog # KRNVB-445-SPL). It has a stainless steel finish, adjustable sights, fluted and chamfered cylinder, and 5.5" cold hammer-forged barrel with 1:20" twist. The cylinder throats are consistent and measure 0.431" diameter. It's had an action job (done professionally by a smith with decades of experience and now retired) and a Wolff 30oz trigger spring. It also has a Bowen Rough Country rear sight and custom John Downey cocobolo grips that were fitted to this specific frame and are thicker than factory and with a very comfortable palm swell. Also included is a HiViz fiber optic front sight that has already been fitted, along with an extra Ruger front sight (so three front sights in total, all fitted), as well as a 0.090" rear Ruger factory sight insert should you wish to use it. All factory parts are also included, such as the factory trigger spring, rear sight, and the factory thin cocobolo grips. This covers just about any combination you can think of to make this gun work for you! The custom cocobolo grips are really nice and fit larger hands (I'm 6' 1") perfectly and comfortably. Also included in this starter kit is Starline brass (153 pieces new and 50 pieces used), the rather nice yet pricey Redding 44 Special titanium dual carbide ring sizing die in excellent condition, and a four-die Lee 44 Special set in like-new condition (only used the expander die from this set). The old Frontier 30-30 Win ammo pictured is not included. I'm selling because I want to distill my loading down a bit more and only load for 44Mag since I have more of them and not have to worry about 44Spl anymore. This was not an easy decision to part with this gun since it's a great shooter and very accurate and properly and professionally set up. Payment by personal check or USPS money order (no PayPal!), and I'll ship from FFL to FFL only to the lower forty-eight states. Cost is $1200 for everything, and that includes shipping. I will ship the revolver via FFL but the rest of the stuff I'll ship directly to the buyer. I'll keep it listed here for a couple weeks before moving to GB.

Last edited:

Onty

Single-Sixer
It doesn't get better than that. Congratulation to buyer.

The only thing missing is #5 base pin and it's latch (better material than factory one) from Belt Mountain. Pin could be purchased without that set screw, but you must ask for it. Also, If revolver shoots fine, measure factory pin and then ask for same diameter. If you want larger pin make sure that it will go in revolver. Use gauge pins to check holes in frame and cylinder. I asked for a factory size, without checking (couldn't find micrometer), and found later that on my revolver Ruger put .248" dia pin. New pin from Belt Mountain came with .249" dia, and when I installed it, action became very stiff, I couldn't cycle revolver.

As for bullet, take a hard look at this one MP 432-256 https://www.mp-molds.com/bullet-casting-equipment/?pa_caliber=432 :

HG503-44mag.png.webp

This is a copy of famous H&G #503. BTW, this mold is also available from other custom mold manufacturer; NEI, Accurate Molds and Arsenal Molds.

Last edited: