SOLD (SOLD) 1978 Marlin 336C in .35 Remington

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Best close-range caliber ever. I bought this darling new in 1978 at Tom Snow Sporting Goods right here in Paducah, Kentucky in 1978 at the age of 17. My friend (age 18) went with me to get it since I was a few months shy of 18. It has taken 20-25 deer through the years (Kentucky and Colorado). Certainly no more than 60-70 rounds ever fired in its lifetime. There is no need to check its zero constantly. Point it and squeeze the trigger. Before my dad died, I got him interested in deer, and he went with me locally several times. He probably took 10 or so with it. I put a scope on it for him, but after he died, I took it off and put the 4 little screws back in it. Yes, it is my all-time favorite caliber and rifle, Never thought I'd see the day, but I need to sell off some stuff. It has some light wear/handling marks from many seasons of trekking through the woods. It is original bluing and wood finish. Not a safe queen who never saw a deer or bear. It has never failed me in 44 years. I love the caliber so much that I have a Contender in .35 Remington too (also selling one of my two Super 14 barrels). Anyway- this decision was not made lightly. And I have been tracking their sales on GB for three months. I will undercut their average sale. At least mine is a known rifle- not a written-up ad from a dealer who took it in on trade and has never fired the one in his ad, yet professes that is has seldom been fired. I know mine. I have lots of pics for interested folks. $950 shipped/insured/in a new hard case from WalMart/ to a FFL from a non-FFL. FFL to FFL add $25 (my cost). The $75 shipping won't completely pay for the case, Priority shipping, and the insurance. I am not padding it at all. I will pay the difference.

Last edited: