"Sock it to me!" no more: Judy Carne's gone

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Reading another article, I came upon this bit of sad news: Judy Carne, one of the stars of Rowan and Martin's "Laugh In", a late-60s/early '70s college favorite, has passed away. The report was first thought to be one of those celebrity death hoaxes, but it appears the New York Times among others has authenticated it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/08/arts/judy-carne-sock-it-to-me-girl-on-laugh-in-dies-at-76.html?_r=0

Her catch phrase echoed everywhere for a while, even to Pres. Nixon when he was a guest on the show! RIP, Ms. Carne.

Rick C

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Jeepnik said:
Dang another good one gone. I wonder just how many of the Laugh In gang are still with us.

Hi,

I took a look at Wikipedia to see if they had a list. They do have a list of those gone, and it's getting pretty long. Of those I remember, it looks like Goldie Hawn, Lily Tomlin, Jo Anne Worley, Chelsea Brown, Ruth Buzzi and Arte Johnson are the only ones I can think of still with us... I think Goldie and Lily are still working, at least a little. Dunno about any of the others.

In a day of cell phones, a zillion phone providers and no live persons to talk to on the other end when one needs assistance, I wonder how many kids today would even understand what Miss Tomlin of THE Phone Company was all about? Verrry interesting... but shtoopid! ;)

Rick C

Latest posts