So this is what you get on a new Colt Anaconda...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
for a barrel ! I was expecting a bit better for 1500 bucks. How does it shoot? About average but it doesn't shoot .430 coated lead bullets without leading the barrel with mid level loads. Tried 12 and 18 Bhn Missouri Bullet bullets that work well in my other .44's

Attachments

• Colt's new threaded barrel free of charge when you spend 1500 bucks.jpg
    Colt's new threaded barrel free of charge when you spend 1500 bucks.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 140

buckaroo

Banned
Sadly, it's probably around $1000 dollars or more for nostalgia/name. Get your money back and get a Charter Arms.

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
I was hoping the quality would improve since CZ took them over. Every CZ I've ever shot displayed above average-to-excellent accuracy, but then that was from guns actually built by them.

Mus408

Hunter
Yes Colt will get a call along with pictures. You know from reading about and seeing reviews I thought it would be a safe bet to get a
high quality .44 shooter like the Anaconda right out the box with all things right. Fit and finish and the action was great just like it should be
other than the SA pull being a bit heavier than I thought it would be. Then after cleaning the lead out the barrel from shooting my low- mid level
target rounds I saw the bore marks. Don't matter who makes them or how much you spend quality today still a crap shoot!
I can shoot coated cast lead bullets same loads all day in my Ruger SBH, Bisley BH and Uberti 1872 Colt OT and others with no leading issues.
Checked the cylinder throats and a .430 bullet just slips in so cylinder not the problem. Going to slug the bore just to see if that is in spec.
Couple of target shots not too bad from 13 yds.
One interesting thing is I shot 5 jacketed XTP rounds thru it after shooting the lead bullets and the inside lands cleaned out but the outside bore size lands were still smeared with lead like the .430 sized XTP barely touched them. Did same thing with the SW Model 69 and it cleaned right up all around.

Attachments

• another good plinking load.jpg
    another good plinking load.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 63
  • like this load for target and plinking and taking care of business.jpg
    like this load for target and plinking and taking care of business.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 68
  • anaconda does not shoot coated MB bullets clean   this after 5 rounds of xtp fmj clean out shots.jpg
    anaconda does not shoot coated MB bullets clean this after 5 rounds of xtp fmj clean out shots.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 70
  • SW M69 bore after 3 shots of xtp fmj bullet used for clean out  shots.jpg
    SW M69 bore after 3 shots of xtp fmj bullet used for clean out shots.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

RSIno1

Hunter
So Colt is now following the Ruger method of the final customer being the quality control. The we ship everything and if it comes back we'll fix it system.

Mus408

Hunter
Everybody doing it that way it seems! It is really bad in the auto parts world!

RSIno1

Hunter
Everybody doing it that way it seems! It is really bad in the auto parts world!
and it gets worse when you add in that biggest auto parts supplier is now China. The 3rd new starter they sent me for my 2004 Ford Excursion finally worked. Should have gone with the $90 rebuild rather than the $70 new one.

Latest posts