So I've been lurking on the XD boards...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ConradM

Blackhawk
Can you believe people complain about the triggers on XD(m)'s? :lol:

I mean seriously, we all know our SR9's have stiff 10lb triggers and we get used to it. But to think someone has the same complaints about the trigger on an XD?? Wow... Anytime I dry fire an XD it almost feels like it takes ZERO effort. :lol:

If anything, the SR9 is a great training tool. Don't think I'm trash talking the SR9 folks.. It just has a different trigger pull.

That being said, I'm curious to see how much my groups improve if any with a new gun.

ConradM

Blackhawk
Oh and btw, I'm going on 300 rounds with no cleaning. Zero failures so far.

tdyoung58

Bearcat
I have three XD's, the XD9 Tactical, XD45 Compact and a XD45 Tactical

It's still my P345 that's huggin my hip daily

kscott

Single-Sixer
revhigh":kpszjgvo said:
DIE TRAITOR !!!! LOL :D

Did you already get an XD, Conrad ?

REV
. I knew Rev would be here to defend the SR9. 8) I've shot the xd9 and xd40 and they definitely are nice but I still like my sr9 ergos better.

Mike J

Hunter
Some folks will complain about anything that isn't a 3 pound crisp 1911 trigger. There are reasons self defense guns have heavier triggers. I tend to think whatever gun someone is going to use they need to spend the time to learn the trigger.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
The XDM has a great trigger. It is a vast improvement over the regular XD probable the best trigger of any striker fired pistol. That said I think alot of people were expecting an even better trigger on the XDM. Reason being is it was very easy to make the trigger on a standard XD phenomenal. I had the trigger reworked on mine and it is damn near the best trigger I have ever pulled. I did not go down as far I as could but it is possible to get the XD trigger down to to three pounds and be as good as perfectly tuned 1911. Springfield should of taken the XDM to the level of a full on custom match gun since they still offer the XD. But they held back a little knowing that some people will want the XDM for something other than competition shooting.

NC-P95

Bearcat
I've been lurking over on the Glock boards... and they complain about the Glock triggers over there... :lol:

The only trigger that I've pulled in a while has been on my P95 and my S&W K22... I dry fired several Glocks last week, and they sure seemed nice... :wink:

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
mike7mm08":25zoepk9 said:
The XDM has a great trigger. It is a vast improvement over the regular XD probable the best trigger of any striker fired pistol.
That has not been my experience.

I had an XD, and it had a great trigger. A friend has an XD/m, and the trigger is nowhere near as good. Soft, mushy, and imprecise.

I liked the M&P's trigger. In addition to pull weight and crispness, their implementation of a trigger safety is more comfortable than the XD or Glock.

My Glock 17-L (long slide) has the best trigger of any striker operated gun I've shot. It came from the factory as a target gun, with the 3.5lb connector and lightened spring kit, and I polished up the internals. It's better than any other Glock that I've done the same work to.

But all of these still feel like one of the fine line of Stanley staple guns compared to a non-striker trigger, IMO. :D

-- Sam

ConradM

Blackhawk
mike7mm08":dwvjx116 said:
Must be a lack of QC as I have handled a couple with great triggers.

Don't think so... everyone over there recommends getting trigger work done on XD's. :shock: Mind boggling.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
I know the original XDs needed trigger work to be great as they were already pretty good. Thought the XDMs were better guess not. Keep in mind though even though trigger work is needed to get a great trigger as least the trigger is fixable. I wish I could say the same for my SR9.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Just shot my buddies 3 or 4 year old XD9 yesterday. Pretty bad trigger, and not very good accuracy either. Didn't shoot it that much, only about 15 rounds, but the trigger was unimpressive. That could easily be the reason for the accuracy issue (about 6+ inches at 50 feet). With a better trigger, I'm sure it would have been a better shooter. Sights are kind of crude as well. Really kind of an unimpressive gun overall in my opinion. OK for pure combat probably, but how many of us use a gun for pure combat rather than range use ? They do look pretty tacticool though, so if that's high on your list of importance I can see how you'd like the XD.

I've never really heard anybody say that the XD OR the XD/M had that great of a trigger, but then I don;t really talk very much with people who own XD's except for this one guy.

REV

tkarter

Single-Sixer
You sure you don't just get the shakes when you shoot any other 9mm than a CZ Rev? :D

I haven't ever shot an XD but I have seen a lot of very good tight groups shot with them.

tk

Mike J

Hunter
My XD is plenty accurate Rev. It did take me a while to get used to it after shooting the P-944 but it all came together after a while.

revhigh

Hawkeye
I'm sure some practice and my ammo could have tightened up those groups a little ! These plastic guns just don't do anything for me ... the only one that ever impressed me in terms of accuracy was the same guy's Sig Pro 2009. Now THAT gun was impressive.

He's really into the whole black plastic tactical thing. Holsters strapped to his thigh and M.O.L.L.E. vests and all that crap LOL. He comes to the range dressed like that and we all kind of giggle at him, because he's this big heavy round kinda guy with 5.11 tactical pants and stuff. We don't giggle too loud though because he really is a good guy and we all like him. Others at the range aren;t so subtle.

REV

ConradM

Blackhawk
revhigh":28qjn1wq said:
Just shot my buddies 3 or 4 year old XD9 yesterday. Pretty bad trigger, and not very good accuracy either. Didn't shoot it that much, only about 15 rounds, but the trigger was unimpressive. That could easily be the reason for the accuracy issue (about 6+ inches at 50 feet). With a better trigger, I'm sure it would have been a better shooter. Sights are kind of crude as well. Really kind of an unimpressive gun overall in my opinion. OK for pure combat probably, but how many of us use a gun for pure combat rather than range use ? They do look pretty tacticool though, so if that's high on your list of importance I can see how you'd like the XD.

I've never really heard anybody say that the XD OR the XD/M had that great of a trigger, but then I don;t really talk very much with people who own XD's except for this one guy.

REV

Maybe they've improved... dunno. As far as I'm concerned, XD's have the best trigger of any striker fired poly. Not sure how to explain it.. it's like it breaks very smooth... Doesn't upset the gun at all. Unlike my SR9.. when it breaks the front sight moves unless I'm gripping it perfectly.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Mike J":1p2d6lba said:
My XD is plenty accurate Rev. It did take me a while to get used to it after shooting the P-944 but it all came together after a while.

I don't doubt it ... most who have them seem to like them. I've really only heard good things about them, but I wouldn't want one. Not my style.

REV