so for a second or 2 I thought I found something

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I frequent estate auctions. The pick below caught my eye and was not clear the first smaller view. Alas my heartbeat quickly went back to normal
IMG_2205_1677993165411.jpg

OK, I give up....
Splain Lucy..????

J.
Exactly. What's the big deal. It's a nice collection of smokers memorabilia. Looks like 3 zippo lighters and a woman's cigarette case with a built in lighter. If you wanted them why didn't you buy them? If you didn't find them worthy of buying why are you posting about them? WTF did you even make this post??? I'm pretty sure if Hitler had a Zippo it would have been engraved in German. You should have bought it and showed up on Pawn Stars. It would have been hilarious.

The picture above explains it all.

To those of us who collect the really old & rarer memorabilia,, a "Robbed from Bill Ruger" engraved lighter is a very desired item.
Without provenance like the thief getting a picture of Bill Ruger using it and then actually stealing it then it's just another novelty lighter.

KIR

Sparks, NV
Jennings Slot Machine Co.

Attachments

• Danny's Lighter 004.jpg
    Danny's Lighter 004.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 84
The ignorance is strong with some here.......( using the true definition of the word........." Ignorance is a lack of knowledge and understanding. The word "ignorant" is an adjective that describes a person in the state of being unaware, or even cognitive dissonance and other cognitive relation, and can describe individuals who are unaware of important information or facts"

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I think this one might be rarer than the Bill Ruger ones.

Robbed-from-Jack-Knode.jpg

I bought the contents of Bill Ruger's old rolltop desk and that was part of it.

Jack's given name was Oliver, I'm not sure how he ended up going by Jack, but he was VP of Savage Arms. Jack and Bill were good friends, I'm not sure which one imitated the other with these lighters.

Robbed_From_BR_Lighter-1.jpg

Thanks for asking - I didn't know either!

Everyone has their areas of expertise, and their personal treasures. However, not everyone necessarily finds that expertise, or any associated 'collectible', of value. I was talking guns with my nephew a couple if years ago, and mentioned an unusual Ruger I own - his response was, "So it's super-rare but nobody cares!" Kind of hurt my feelings at first , and then I laughed. That quote is a definite keeper! Probably should leave him the gun in my will.
:)