Snow

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Well......we got pelted with record breaking snow yesterday, in Md. 30" in my area. After a long day of digging out, the wood stove in the basement, hopping with black locust, felt good. To top things off, the 'Magnificent Seven' was on one of our dish network channels. What a great way to unwind. After the movie, a meal of slow cooked turkey breast in the crock pot, sausage & rice stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cut out cookies with icing, made by my wife and daughter, rounded out the meal.

I was tired, a good tired, that follows after hard work. Overall, I had a pretty good Day !!!

febsnow002-1.jpg

BigBlue

Single-Sixer
We got a small piece of that storm, just 4-5" where I'm at in PA. I always call those after work muscle pains, honest aches, because you earned them. Got the coal stove stoked up and the whole house smelled like the fresh baked bread that was in the oven. Looks like another dose of winter headed east for Wednesday.
Don

contender

Ruger Guru
Y'all can blame me for getting so much of that storm. I had a FO NRA event friday evening,, & I asked the good Lord to move it away from us so we could have our event. It worked. Our event was clear enough to where folks actually came out & spent $$ and made it another successful event! The rain came & washed away most of the road snow & didn't freeze so the folks could get home. Sorry y'all!

nn

Single-Sixer
Ant to think, I used to think snow like that was fun------------ :roll:

sixshot

Buckeye
Jeff, that is a whole bunch of snow! I like snow but don't care for the real cold weather -20 or so! Sounds like you've got plenty of good food to last a few days. Enjoy the Superbowl, I think when Peyton Manning gets through running his Colts over NO, they'll look up & say: Who DAT!

Dick

callshot

Blackhawk
Twice in recent months. Jeff, you must not be living right :!: If it would only fall in the mountains, instead of in my driveway. Picture this in your mind. Two snow flakes holding hands as they are falling. One says to the other. " Oh goody, I get to fall on steve's lawn." :D The other one says "Oh Crap, I get to fall on Steve's driveway. He will then throw me away." :x At least they get to be neighbors eventually, and all I get is a tired, sore back, with blistered hands. :cry: Come on Spring & Summer. :roll: Steve