Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stoots

Buckeye
My Glock 21.

DSCN1089.jpg

DSCN1082.jpg

skip

Single-Sixer
I never thought I would own a Glock until I started reading about them from what other people posted..I was always a steel, wood, leather guy..Last year a bought a Glock 17 with green frame...I call it a Glockamole'....3.5 lb trigger and a mag. well plug etc....It's a hoot to shoot and for defence don't need to think about reloading...I may even get a Glock 30 someday..maybe

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Stoots, nice gun. There are 2 or 3 "gen2" G21s (no finger grooves) at the local shop right now. I had a 21C for a few years, sold it a couple ago.

skip":3aja5val said:
...I call it a Glockamole'....
That's fantastic! I love it.

I may even get a Glock 30 someday..maybe
I can highly recommend it. ;)

-- Sam

NC-P95

Bearcat
skip":1swwa0fu said:
...I may even get a Glock 30 someday..maybe

That was what I had my heart set on, until I held the G27... NOW, that's not saying anything bad about the G30... It was just that I'm looking for a carry gun, and I'm a smaller framed guy... The G27 gave me the smallest frame, with the biggest caliber.... I'll probably still pick up a G30SF at some point in the near future.... :wink:

nnero93

Bearcat
Tactical Tupperware haha. I always pick on my buddy about his. They are a great gun though, I will probably have one someday, in .45 cal just like you, or a Kimber 1911 if I ever have enough $$. How is that Glock for concealed carry?

Stoots

Buckeye
nnero93":2m0mn66j said:
Tactical Tupperware haha. I always pick on my buddy about his. They are a great gun though, I will probably have one someday, in .45 cal just like you, or a Kimber 1911 if I ever have enough $$. How is that Glock for concealed carry?

It can be done.

A big guy with the right clothing can pull it off, but a quality holster and belt is a must. Shoulder holsters and a good overshirt are better.

But, I think the G30 would conceal alot better.

Kimbers are nice!

:wink:

nn

Single-Sixer
Must not got much snow there with all those bare rocks.

nnero93

Bearcat
It sucks being short and fairly skinny (I do have some some extra insulation but thats only to keep warm in the winter :D ). My GP100 is a little big for concealment but thats not its purpose either. A Glock would definitely match my SOG knives perfectly.

dougader

Hunter
I've had 6 Glocks since about 1987-88. 2 G17's, a G19, a G20 and now have a G26 and a G21sf (which does double duty as a HD/nightstand gun and a 45 Super setup for blacktail deer and a woods gun while fishing)

1st45Super_1.jpg

1st45Super_2.jpg

1st45Super_3.jpg

1st45Super_4.jpg

MtnJack

Bearcat
Doug is that an LBT bullet? nice profile how does it feed and group? I noticed the after market barrel, did you do that to shoot lead, have you tried them in the stock barrel? Do you get much leading? sorry for all the?s but i am starting to cast my own. Glock 19 one of the first in country, and an old model SBH. Thank you for any help. Mtn Jack

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
There are several people here in my area who pig hunt with their 20. in thick brush in SE Tennessee I can't say that it is a bad choice....perfect actually.

They can put a huge amount of heat out for their size. full house 180 grainer are practically magnum territory.

dougader

Hunter
Mtn Jack:

Yes, its an LBT bullet as cast by Beartooth Bullets in Idaho... their 265 WFNGC bullet.

I have only fired lead in the aftermarket Lone Wolf barrel. They feed fine. They are loaded for 45 Super, in "45 Super" marked Starline brass. The barrel was purchased especially for loading 45 Super, with the 4 ports at the end as you see in the pics. Also set up with a 22# recoil guide rod spring and a stainless steel guide rod.

I tried the 250-255 grain RNFP bullets but they required even deeper seating than the 265's. Go figure. Anyway, they are as accurate as I am out to 25' and cut a perfect 45 caliber hole in the target, just like I was shooting wadcutters from a revolver.