sneak peek SR9 mag extension

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Thought I'd throw out a couple of sneak peek photos of the mag extensions we have been working on. We hope to have them on the market by Christmas. This one is just a prototype but shows the idea really well. We will be offering one in the +6 setup like this one(yes 23 rds +1 in the pipe!!!) and one that will be just +2. We are also working on a mag well for the SR9 that will compliment these extensions nicely.

hicapsr9ext1.jpg

hicapsr9ext2.jpg

hicapsr9ext3.jpg

Enjoy, I'll post updates as we get closer to a price and positive release date.
[/img]

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
I forgot to add we will be offering custom engraving on the extensions, anything from club logos, your name, to numbering the mags, even graphics.

jhearne

Buckeye
That's pretty slick there E, same mag spring or will another be needed, I know the standard 17 rounder spring is pretty lengthy and should be adequate though.....23 rounds is pretty stout. Almost shoot a full 50 round box in 2 mags lol.

Josh

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Hey Josh, I'm working on a fixture to see what spring pressure I get at different points in the mag with/without the extension. So far it hasn't been an issue feeding but I think it would be nice to offer a new spring so it is on the board.
We'll be offering them in plain and black oxide. Other colors if we get enough interest.
We'll be offering bump pads to match the stock bases and our extensions to by the way.
I'll keep everyone up to date as we get geared up and finalized. If you have any other part upgrades you'd like to see for the SR9 or even the P series guns let me know.
Thanks,
Eric

tj_cubin

Bearcat
I'd be happy with a regular full capacity magazine! The people's republik of new york has determined that me owning a magazine over 10 rounds just isn't safe :roll: :cry:

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Well can't do anything for the barrels, we don't have the equipment to make that one happen, unless you want your existing barrel threaded and the slide modified.
We have been talking about slotting the slide and porting the barrel on the sinker machine to give it a compensator. Seems to be the jam if your running hot loads or just want it to look mean. Haven't tried it on the SR9 but shoud be very doable and worth while we'll find out soon.
As for the night sights I'm not sure ... kinda of doubt it right now. I'm sure that some of the current manufactures are working on sights. We'll look into it though, see what is needed.
Bummer living in the ppl's republik of NY, move across the state line (republic border) to capacity freedom or vote the comrades out.

coldarkstare

Bearcat
gotta say im kinda excited about this thread :D and would love to see the ruger logo etched/engraved on the side and or bottom of that new magazine pictured. really lookn forward to the release of those puppies! also lookn forward to seeing other new and creative ideas for future parts and products.

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Got the redesign work done on the extensions. The +2 and +6 have been updated from the prototype I've shown here. We will try to get some worked into production form and tested soon. We have almost finalized the mag well also. I'll post pics as soon as it is ready.

blairellis

Bearcat
Looks pretty neat. Any ideas on pricing yet? Also, what kind of grip do you have on the frame there?

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
blairellis,
Price won't be set until we are ready to go into mass production. Sorry about that but it will be reasonable, after all we want you to buy one for every mag you've got :D

aWoods,
Thanks we are trying to work into the market with some great parts for the SR9 and follow it with some other parts for other brands. I think everyone will be really pleased with these and other parts to come.

blairellis

Bearcat
Egalloway":zb5nj03f said:
blairellis,
Price won't be set until we are ready to go into mass production. Sorry about that but it will be reasonable, after all we want you to buy one for every mag you've got :D

aWoods,
Thanks we are trying to work into the market with some great parts for the SR9 and follow it with some other parts for other brands. I think everyone will be really pleased with these and other parts to come.

Fair enough. I can appreciate that.

blairellis":zb5nj03f said:
Also, what kind of grip do you have on the frame there?

Missed the last part. :p

jhearne

Buckeye
blairellis":3sqppwxe said:
Also, what kind of grip do you have on the frame there?

Missed the last part. :p

Looks like regular Skateboarding Deck Tape. I've seen/heard of people using it before, it peel's and sticks, but you have to trim it out. No big deal really....any local skate shop should have some on hand....if this is indeed what he's got on there. :eek:

Josh