Small Scatches SS barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerman42

Bearcat
Does anyone know where you can buy ultra fine Scote Brite used to remove small scatches from a SS barrel??

Tried Home Depot/Lowes and asked at Gun Shop...no success as of yet??

Many thanks!

reakin

Single-Sixer
Surprised Lowes or Home Depot didn't have any. Did you look in the paint department?

Maybe try a real hardware store or a paint supply store.

reakin

rugerman42

Bearcat
reakin":2hznmzuh said:
Surprised Lowes or Home Depot didn't have any. Did you look in the paint department?

Maybe try a real hardware store or a paint supply store.

reakin

I must tell you that I did not look in the paint department.......I went to the cleaning area where they had other Scotch Brite products. Thanks for the thought...that I should have thought of myself.. :oops:

rugerman42

Bearcat
buckshotshorty":2dzokt4r said:
If you mean the inside of the barrel, Brownells sells this:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1161 ... ORE_BRIGHT

I'm asking about outside of the barrel...actually I had asked Ruger what they used and they recommended the Scotch Brite and to make sure that you also rub in the same direction as the finishing. A gun shop also said to use a little oil with the scotch brite.

Mike J

Hunter
Grocery stores usually have scotch brite pads if you haven't found any yet. A while back I was looking for a copper scouring pad. Looked at Home Depot, Lowes, Hardware store etc. I found them at the local grocery store.

Tweek

Bearcat
Is this stainless a satin finish, or is it polished bright?

If it's satin (brushed look), try the maroon, or grey pads and go lightly with the "grain".

Most automotive, or industrial supply stores should have them, or hardware stores by the sandpaper products as mentioned above.