Slow Motion P95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NC-P95

Bearcat
I thought this was cool and wanted to share it here It is a Ruger P95 being shot, filmed in slow motion... Pretty cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB8ga9zzt68

Also, watching this, reminded me of another question that I have... I'm new to pistol shooting, so this might be a widely known thing...just not to me: I watch "Wednesday Night at the Range" on the Outdoor Channel. I notice that when the competition shooters shoot, you can see the slide working on their pistols very clearly and to my eye, slowly...and their pistols have very little recoil... Just curious if they use lighter loads for competition shooting like this and this is also the reason you can see the slide working so clearly...

I've watched my nephew shoot my P95, and when he pulls the trigger, you just hear the BOOM, brass in the air, and it's all over with...can't actually see the slide working...

Just curious...

Thanks in advance.

jhearne

Buckeye
NC-P95":1defatu3 said:
I thought this was cool and wanted to share it here It is a Ruger P95 being shot, filmed in slow motion... Pretty cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB8ga9zzt68

Also, watching this, reminded me of another question that I have... I'm new to pistol shooting, so this might be a widely known thing...just not to me: I watch "Wednesday Night at the Range" on the Outdoor Channel. I notice that when the competition shooters shoot, you can see the slide working on their pistols very clearly and to my eye, slowly...and their pistols have very little recoil... Just curious if they use lighter loads for competition shooting like this and this is also the reason you can see the slide working so clearly...

I've watched my nephew shoot my P95, and when he pulls the trigger, you just hear the BOOM, brass in the air, and it's all over with...can't actually see the slide working...

Just curious...

Thanks in advance.

That same camera that he's using is the one I'm going to use to capture the SR9 with when it warms up a bit. Cool shots of it.

You probably blink when your nephew shoots, you don't see the slide working, just the brass and the other after effects. I have a hard time keeping from blinking when someone else shoots, you have no control over what's basically an involuntary reaction. Also I've noticed on web videos shot with medium to lower end cameras, when a gun is fired, there's a tiny bit of static/other artifacts that pop up when it goes boom. The fact that on TV shows it does not, means they are far enough away to not get the concussion of the round being fired and the FPS (frames not feet) is high enough to capture the details working (slide etc...).

Josh

Many competition shooters load their own ammo to be just enough for competition. These loads are just hot enough to knock down steel targets, but much weaker than factory loads to reduce recoil. But I'm not sure that the slide would move much slower. Blinking seems reasonable to me as well.