Sliding ankle holster for LCP ll

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I used a somewhat modified 'Uncle Mikes' ankle holster for a PPK. Nothing I found fit properly until I addressed the specific problems. The biggest problem was the stretching of the calf to holster support. That allowed the holster to slip down and then wiggle around as I walked. At the time, my office space was small so not much walking but still problematic since it was a total concealed requirement.

Last edited:
I used a somewhat modified 'Uncle Mikes' ankle holster for a PPK. Nothing I found fit properly until I addressed the specific problems. The biggest problem was the stretching of the calf to holster support. That allowed the holster to slip down and then wiggle around as I walked. At the time, my office space was small so not much walking but still problematic since it was a total concealed requirement.
Just sent for an Ultimate with separate calf strap with maybe some hope. Have tried ankle holsters for the LCP, derringers, and NAA minis. Same problem...

hittman

Staff member
If it flops around and you're using the "calf strap" or garter; you're doing it wrong. LOL.

I've carried an LCR in a Galco leather ankle holster for many years. Never a problem unless you don't use the calf strap.

If it flops around and you're using the "calf strap" or garter; you're doing it wrong. LOL.

I've carried an LCR in a Galco leather ankle holster for many years. Never a problem unless you don't use the calf strap.
No, this will be my first attempt with a calf strap. That Galco leather is a nice looking rig, by the way

I've been carrying a PA-63 9mm Mak in a Desantis Apache ankle holster for years and it doesn't slip BUT I also wear 6" "work style" boots and that helps hold the holster, and mag carrier on the other ankle, in it's proper position.
Maybe you just need to buy 6" shoes (boots).

I've been carrying a PA-63 9mm Mak in a Desantis Apache ankle holster for years and it doesn't slip BUT I also wear 6" "work style" boots and that helps hold the holster, and mag carrier on the other ankle, in it's proper position.
Maybe you just need to buy 6" shoes (boots).
I think you may have solved my problem, but not the way you think. I don't wear shoes, and haven't for decades. I think I may have to wear my compact handguns elsewhere. Maybe a body holster.