slide stop magazine follower for Ruger STD/MarkI pistols ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

relodr36

Bearcat
Hi,
I've owned a Ruger Mark I since the early 60's.
Shortly after I got th gun,I bought 3 aftermarket magazine followers that extended far enough to stop the bolt when the magazine was empty.
I believe I got them from Gopher Shooters Supply.
I gave my son-in-law a mint Standard for Christmas and am looking for
these followers for him.
It sure saves the firing pin when you don't count the rounds and don't realize the magazine is empty.
The ones I have are made out of aluminum and extend up out of the magazine far enough(about 3/16") to stop the bolt when the last round id fired.
The ones I have could be duplicated out of aluminum with a file or a grinder,but this old geezer is a little lazy.
Any input would be appreciated.

I have not seen them for some time, years, and the fact the mark I (RST) is no longer made, seems redundant they would still be making them....the ones we see now are "made up" like you say , to copy the standard follower and 'add' a bit to 'catch" the face of the bolt...........
good luck...................

relodr36

Bearcat
rugerguy":nvk1yiej said:
I have not seen them for some time, years, and the fact the mark I (RST) is no longer made, seems redundant they would still be making them....the ones we see now are "made up" like you say , to copy the standard follower and 'add' a bit to 'catch" the face of the bolt...........
good luck...................

Do you know of any being advertised for sale?
It sure beats peening the firing pin tip or the barrel face.

nvbirdman

Blackhawk
I've got (and use so they're not for sale) a couple of those that I bought thirty or so years ago, but I really think they're a solution looking for a problem. The Ruger is designed to be safely dry-fired. The cross pin in the bolt limits firing pin travel to set off the cartridge, but not contact the face of the chamber when the chamber is empty.
At least that's what they say.
I don't dry fire mine.