skeleton Stock 22 Semi-auto

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CAPTDASH

Bearcat
I found a skeleton stock 22 semi-auto. It is in fair shape. The barrel has virtually no bluing left on it. What would this weapon be worth? I never knew Ruger made Skeleton Stock Semi-autos.

I found a Ruger 10/22 22 mag today. It had the carbon fiber barrel, and hogue grip. Did Ruger make these rifles like this or has someone spent some money on this one? It is at a Pawn shop. The guy swears he just took it out of the box(new) 4 days ago. He says he has had it for about 5 years. Did Ruger ever make a Hogue gripped carbon fiber barrelled 10/22 22 mag? Or is he full of POOP? Thanks

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum.
I'm going off my faded memory here,,, so I MAY be wrong.
I do not recall any regular production skeleton stocked 10/22's. Nor do I recall seeing any carbon fiber barreled 10/22 mags either. Hogue stocks have been available in some models,,, but I'm not sure about the 10/22 mag.
I know a few others can chime in here & add to or correct me.

CAPTDASH

Bearcat
well went back and got in a argument with the guy. I told him he did not have a NEW Ruger. I told him that he should look at his scuffed up dirty ,supposedly new carbon fiber barrel, and check the number. His assistant did. He found out he had a Volquartsen(sp) barrel. The guy then apologized and said he was clueless, but still wanted 800 bucks. I said, if you don't know what your selling, I don't need to be buying.