Skeleton (boat paddle) Stock M77 ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dirt1

Bearcat
A small local shop has a M77 with the boat paddle stock chambered in .270 for sale. The rifle is the blued model. It is brand new in the box. My question is- Is there any collector value in this rifle? What is the going price for such a rifle? I think he has about $475.00 on it. As always, thanks for the help.

dirt1

patrickjames

Single-Sixer
Buy It !!! I think there is some collector value. I have one in .270 and it's very, very accurate.I think it's the best hunting rifle I have ever owned.

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, I agree. There should be a little collector value on that one. The models with blue barreled actions and boatpaddle stocks were a Davidson's exclusive...not many made. Davidson's got the leftovers of Ruger's boat paddle M77 Mark II stocks with these models.
Chet15

dirt1

Bearcat
Went back in today and looked at it. It's really starting to grow on me. I was wrong on the price. He has it at $485. Still, it seems like a fair price. Is this about what they are going for? I have yet to find one for sale on the net to check pricing. I have brand new 3-9X40 Luepold that I think would go nicely on that rifle! Thanks again for the help.

dirt1

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
dirt1,

The price seems pretty fair to me. I bought a blued/skeleton in a 7mm-08 quite a few years ago for more than that. A rarer caliber but nothing wrong with a 270. With prices rising quite a bit in the last couple of years they aren't going to get any cheaper. Then you can start the hunt for a set of wood inserts!

Here is my 7mm-08...still NIB.

dirt1

Bearcat
Nice rifle rugerjunkie! My son just shot his first buck this year with his 7mm-08 Ruger Frontier. It's a great cartridge in my opinion.

Where does one look for those wood inserts? I really like the looks of them on your rifle. Thanks for sharing!

dirt1

Blackmore

Blackhawk
dirt1":1qpxgvpi said:
Where does one look for those wood inserts? I really like the looks of them on your rifle. Thanks for sharing! dirt1

They were made by Lett in Hopkinton, NH. Unfortunately, they have been out of business for several years. Occasionally a set of the inserts will turn up in the Classifieds here or on an Internet auction site.

Latest posts