Skeeter's TC pistol in .357 Herrett - value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Badger Matt

Single-Sixer
I'm retiring for good on 1 July and am thinning the herd bit by bit. I'm out of my element in assigning a fair value to this firearm from Skeeter's collection, sold by his wife after his death. It's not particularly rare as believe there were well over 150 different firearms sold. I can recall when several were available at any given time, but it seems they've all found permanent homes by now.

QHVO2mi.jpg

In addition to the items pictured (Williams sight on pistol), there will be a set of 357 Herrett dies, some formed brass and some properly head-stamped 357 Herrett brass.

What would be a reasonable price?

Johnnu2

Hunter
Badger Matt.... CONGRATULATIONS on your retirement.... (I remember you).....

Enjoy... it's THE BEST time of life

IMHO of course,
John

krw

Blackhawk
I would think this falls in same category as DU firearms. When I was tradn hot n heavy, I bought 3 DU banquet shotguns. I learned a BIG lesson there. When you finally found the right person you could sell one, but it had to be the right person. You have a nice pistol, owned by well known writer, with the provenence. To get a premium you will have to find the right person. Good Luck!!!

I wanted to reach out to this amazing community and let you know Herrett's is still in business. We have been working with Rod Herrett the past 18 months to learn the Herrett way. We are updating our website and are tooling up to start more production soon. Please follow us on Facebook for updates!

mistermills357

Blackhawk
I remember reading Skeeter Skelton articles, and he influenced me in ways.
Its sad to think of how many influences of my youth have died.
But, that comes with getting old, people pass away right before my eyes.
God bless him.

.That's a nice package. I was fortunate to get his .32
Single Six for my .32 collection.
KRW hit it on the head About premium values.
The fellow that collects T/C's may pay more for a Skeeter gun , or one that collects Skeeter guns may want the T/C . Anyone else will probably be looking for the best lowest price on a run of the mill gun. Auction prices are crazy high right now.

RSIno1

Hunter
You have a nice pistol, owned by well known writer, with the provenence. To get a premium you will have to find the right person. Good Luck!!!
This. That is an auction item. It appeals to 3 markets. Skeeter, TC and 357 Herrett. The secret is not finding "a" buyer it's finding 2 that must have it. Put it on GunBroker but also stick it on every forum you can find where someone may have an interest.