'sixshots' sideshot

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
They say that behind every great man, stands an even greater woman. Who 'they' are, I don't know. And 'they' are wrong, about as often as 'they' are right. In this case, 'they' hit the nail on the head.

Of course, I'm talking about 'sixshots' beautifull wife, Ruth Ann. Lets get her physical traits over with, before moving over to her personal traits, and skills. Ruth Ann has discovered the eternal fountain of youth. She looks 20 years younger, than she actually is. At first, I thought it was the water in Soda Springs, that was responsible. It only made me fatter. She has always looked young for her age, this is evidenced by her being crowned Miss Teen Tater, 17 years running, before the judges caught on.

Ruth Ann is a little on the shy side, until she gets to know you. Then she warms up. She is very loving and caring, and it is obvious that her family means the world to her. She would do anything in her power to bring them joy and comfort. This is usually done in the form of food. This lady can cook !

One of the fondest memories I brought back home, besides my pendulous belly, are the meals Ruth Ann prepared for us. Pan seared beef roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and homemade bread. This was polished off with homemade peach pie, topped with snowballs of vanilla ice cream. The pie crust was perfection. Light, crispy, with a carmelized layer of sugar, with a hint of cinnamon. With the left over pie crust, she made a cinnamon/ sugar crust, which we ate for the next days breakfast. This really struck a chord with me, as my Mom, would do the same .

Another meal consisted of Homemade chowder, biscuits, and raspberry jam. To say we ate well, would be an understatement. I would have trouble sleeping at night, rubbing my distended belly, painfully, saying I felt, and looked like a pregnant humped-back whale.

I know Ruth Ann sounds like a fallen angel from heaven, but I think she has a sadistic side to her, also. During meals, there was very little conversation, just the clanking of knives, and forks, against the plates. Occassionally, sparks would fly off my plate, I was eating so fast. Well, Ruth Ann would just sit back, and smile, watching us force food down our already full bellies. It was so good, you just couldn't stop. And she'd just smile, and bring more food out.

When we all arrived at 'sixshots' home, it was apparent they were in the midst of rennovation. The finished work was top notch. They obviously had some contractor, with 4 skilled men doing it. When I inquired about it, Ruth Ann said she was doing it herself. Momma say, What ? Yep ! Besides cooking these culinary delights, Ruth Ann also swings a mean hammer, strokes a mean paint brush and roller, and does trim work, to boot. Her mitred joints are tight ! Is there anything this woman can't do ?

'sixshot' likes pockets on his T-shits, as most men do, to carry our secrete treasure in. Most T-shirts don't have pockets anymore. No Problemo. Ruth Ann simply cuts one out from the bottom of the shirt, using the factory seem for the pocket top, and sews one on. She then patches her handi-work, with scrap material. The finished product looks professional, and no one is the wiser. When 'sixshot' gets a shirt from a recent shoot, everyone scratches their head, wondering why his has a pocket.

Ruth Ann is a true lady, no sqauw here, an Indian Princess. She is 'sixshots' Sacagewea, leading him on a journey of a lifetime of happiness. I'm just a little embarrassed it took me a while to figure out her correct name :oops: . As I told Ruth Ann and Dick, when I left, they both done well, when they married each other !
elk062.jpg

Me, Sacagewea, and 'sixshot'

I had to leave, after a weeks stay, or I'd have to go home by a military C-130, on account of weight restrictions. I'm not talking luggage either.

Thank You, Dick and Ruth Ann.

sixshot

Buckeye
Thanks Jeff, I know I'm a lucky man, I couldn't have a more understanding wife & yes she can do about anything, including fattening me up! I weighed 180 lbs when we married, now I weigh 280 lbs! Today was our 45th wedding anniversary, there's bumps along the way in all of them but we've had a lot fun along the way.
Put me & Jeff in the same vehicle & its a real load, both times we went past the weigh staion they flashed their lights, guess they knew about us!
I was born with a sixgun in one hand........& a fork in the other! :wink:

Dick

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Happy Anniversary, Dick & Ruth Ann ! :D

I had to cut some of Ruth Ann's other skills , for shear volume of giga byte space. Besides cutting Dick's hair, she also cans fruits and vegetables, mows the grass, is an expert car mechainic, and knows her way around plumbing and electricity. All Dick has to do now, is to teach her to cast bullets, and re-load, and He and Callshot can spend their days shooting, and drinking huckleberry shakes :D .

flatgate

Hawkeye
Oh, my gosh, you guy's are hilarious! Sixshot, yes, your Bride is one beautiful gal! She must be "very understanding" to put up with your hunting schedule! :D

Here's wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

flatgate

contender

Ruger Guru
As I too was a lucky reciepiant of the same wonderful meals, the gracious smiling from such a wonderful lady, and seeing how young she is, (I refuse to discuss a lady's age, it just ain't proper,) all while wondering how she puts up with Dick & his ramblings, I was struck with a revelation.
She is the epitomy of a true western lady.
I compare her to the gracious southern ladies those dern yankees keep trying to steal. Hospitality, wonderful food, love for the family, and tolerating us poor old men doing those wierd things we do.
Dick & Miss Ruth Ann do have a wonderful family, and it was so very obvious from the things I saw. Truly blessed folks.
Once again, my heartfelt thanks to both Miss Ruth Ann & Dick! I did feel at home & like one of the family.