sixshots mystery gun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

callshot

Blackhawk
As sixshot's official gun bearer, the mystery gun was delivered to me this morning. I was really impressed with the case hardening and antiquing job that was applied to this reconstruction (customizing) of this mystery gun. I noted the filing on the grip frame from the tack driving has rounded the grip frame off immensely. The squib in the barrel has created a scattering effect. I can not find the hammer. It must have been lost in transit. I am ALMOST embarrassed to carry this gun over to sixshot's residence for delivery. The new trigger guard looks like it would work better in sixshot's hand.

Here's the gun that was delivered in sixshot's name. It definitely has a mysterious aura about it. The image does not reflect the photos and earlier other posts from Texas.
dsc03944.jpg

I understood this was suppose to be a 480 five-shot gun. As you can plainly see, things are bigger in Texas because there are six barrels and no cylinder. It must be one barrel for a 32 maggie, one for a 44, 1 for a 45 colt, one for 454 casull and one for the 480 if necessary. The sixth barrel would be an empty chamber for duds. I think this would fit a generic holster made of cardboard, bubble gum, duct tape, bailing wire and turkey poop lined with badger hair to protect the antiquing which looks at least 199 years old. I certainly hope sixshot enjoys his new gun which I am going to leave on his doorstep, ring the bell and run. I think we can all expect pictures of sixshot with assorted vermin over the coming months.
dsc03946.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Callshot; that gun looks MUCH better than when we shot it! If I were you, I'd proudly go over, give it to sixshot, and offer to stand behind him,, (waaayyy behind him) when he takes it to the range.
Load up some fine heavy loads,, and he won't notice a thing!
And Jim,, hasn't anyone told you NOT to hold a gun while fixing it? That's what steel vises are for,, to help us keep our fingers. Busted guns can be fixed.

flyinfred":1qlxf4ad said:
yeah and about that finger on the trigger????

Vise we don't need no stinking vise OPSSSSSS just call me stubby. :(
Well ya can hold on to the trigger it is a single action. Besides there is still a bullet stuck in the barrel so it can't go bang :oops: That trigger makes for a good handle. :roll:
Jim

c.r.

Single-Sixer
Jim,

How'd the crown turn out after you finished with the grinder? :wink:

It looks like you have the right angle.

callshot

Blackhawk
You can use the short finger for short shots, and the longer finger for longer shots. I do all the time. :lol: Of course it has a right angle. That is what angle grinders are for. Steve

c.r.":oahpbi4m said:
Jim,

How'd the crown turn out after you finished with the grinder? :wink:

It looks like you have the right angle.

Crowns, What is this crown crap? Sir this is America and Texas we don't put up with a Crown around these parts :lol:
An angle grinder is great for flat work. No crowns allowed :roll:
Jim

dougader

Hunter
Dick must be a heck of a good sport. LOL, but if that was my gun I'd be a little peeved that everyone seems to be handling it except the guy that is paying for it! hehehe....

dougader":3vp41wkc said:
Dick must be a heck of a good sport. LOL, but if that was my gun I'd be a little peeved that everyone seems to be handling it except the guy that is paying for it! hehehe....

Well Think about it. What are REAL good friends for.
Sixshot's friends have come from far away places just to help him out. :roll:
And like myself there will not be any charge for this. :wink:
If ya need someone to check out a gun for you just
Wire Wyandot, Checker of Guns. Richmond Texas. Price negotiable.
Jim

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
I think Dick is driving to Texas, as we speak, to see where the heck his gun is :evil: :roll:

Jeff Hoover":pfs319ui said:
I think Dick is driving to Texas, as we speak, to see where the heck his gun is :evil: :roll:

Hey Jeff,
Thanks so much for the warning. I'm packing my S%it and leaving the wifie here to explain the details. That ought to be good. :wink:
Yea going to pick up Alan on the way out of town :roll:
Jim

deac45

Single-Sixer
Shucks! I guess this weekend's "Come Shoot Sixshot's Fiveshot" open house at Alan's shop is called off then, huh?

deac45

contender

Ruger Guru
Ever wonder WHY Jim like to fly??? it makes for quick, far reaching escapes.
I heard sixshot was on his way south,, and had a few shootin' irons in his bag,,,!

callshot

Blackhawk
I don't know if Dick is on his way to Taxes or not, but I tried to deliver the gun to him tonight and He isn't at home. :p If he shows up, he will be driving Ruth Ann's car instead of his truck. I think that he is trying to throw us off so he can slip up on us like he does the badgers. Look Out :!: Steve

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
callshot, was his chainsaw missing ? :shock: I'd hate to see a re-enactment of that famous movie "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" take place :lol:

2 dogs

Buckeye
Dicks just been released from the Mental Hospital and was
enjoying some Mexican Health Food while recovering from
a nervous breakdown over this episode....

2 dogs":18g7sehg said:
Dicks just been released from the Mental Hospital and was
enjoying some Mexican Health Food while recovering from
a nervous breakdown over this episode....

Well Now I guess I can come out of hiding :D
I'm not really feeling to sorry for Dick over this whole thing.
Anyone that gets Mex. food doesn't require any sympathy.
Well Unless he had to eat it through a straw and it came from New York City. :lol: :lol:
I'm thinking about putting in my application to Ruger now that I are a highly trained G'smith. :roll:
Jim

Latest posts