Sixshots Cobbler Had Better Be Good NOW WITH PICTURES

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Well Guys.
After reading all the post about Dutch Ovens, I went out and spent $225+ today. I HAVE SOME C. I. POTS AT THE HOUSE.
Im in Norfolk VA. with Son and family untill Jan 15 or so and can't get to my stuff.
We are going to do some camping with the Big Rig while here.
Well from what YOU GUYS say I need to learn how to do Dutch cooking.
After all the pictures that have been posted I agree with ya.
So today was a trip to Bass Pro for a 12" & 8" oven and 12" skillet, cookbooks, tongs, gloves, lid lifter, chimny and all the rest of the stuff ya need just to do a PEACH COBBLER :D :D

Sorry no pictures but they will come maybe :lol:
Now where is Sixsho'ts and others recipes :(
Jim

Well the Dutches were a HUGE success at the Thanksgiving camping.

Getting ready to do hand to hand combat with the dutch. :D
1259952831.jpg

The finished Peach Cobbler. I won the Battle
1259952822.jpg

I think my cooking partner is ready to eat
1259952824.jpg

The eating part, which is the best part.
[img]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/wyandotjim/1259952826.jpg
The cobbler was sooooooooooooooo good I did breakfast.
Hashbrowns, sausage, eggs, and cheese
1259952828.jpg

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
Damn that first peach cobbler is going to be expensive. Oh well the more you cook the cheaper they get and it's only money lost and calories gained, an even trade I think. :lol:

Dana

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Jim, if you can get ahold of some huckleberries, they would well be worth the effort. Callshot got me hooked on 'em. Just sprinkle a handfull with cherry, peach, or your favorite fruit.

roast009.jpg

Here's a re-fresher, using Dick's recipe. It was better than it looked, cherry/blueberry cobbler :D .

callshot

Blackhawk
Once you try it, you will be hooked. Be sure to log your weight before you eat anything cooked that way because you will never be that same weight again. Steve

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
Congrats on the Lodge cast iron cookware. Although I had a couple of pots and the 12"skillet, I recently upped the supply with a 10" grill pan and the 10" and 8" Dutch ovens.

Already used the Dutch ovens on one camping trip and had great results. You will learn that the 12" skillet is something that every kitchen should have...so versatile and will last more than one generation if properly cared for. Of course you can say that for all of your cast iron cookery.

I have been eyeing that Lodge cast iron hibachee cooker...might have to get that one day.

Regards,

MD

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
Congrats on the Lodge cast iron cookware. Although I had a couple of pots and the 12"skillet, I recently upped the supply with a 10" grill pan and the 10" and 8" Dutch ovens.

Already used the Dutch ovens on one camping trip and had great results. You will learn that the 12" skillet is something that every kitchen should have...so versatile and will last more than one generation if properly cared for. Of course you can say that for all of your cast iron cookery.

I have been eyeing that Lodge cast iron hibachee cooker...might have to get that one day.

Regards,

MD

Hey Jim,

Same here. I bought a 10" Lodge Logic because of the posts here. I'm learning how to cook with it. Man does it make good meals! My beef stew even got good reviews from my wife. I cooked one meal with green beans, corn on the cob, sweet potatoes and apple covered pork chops. I must say it turned out great!

Rick

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Watch out guys, that good cooking will lead to Momma expecting you to do alot more cooking :D . That's alright, when Momma's happy, everyone's happy !

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
I like that tin foil liner trick. I don't mind cleaning the Dutch oven when home, but think I will do the foil liner from now on when camping...not as easy cleaning convenience at camp.

MD

sixshot

Buckeye
Jim, it looks like you have it down pretty good, I'm always willing to lend a hand, especially when it comes to eating from a dutch oven! Yummy!!

Dick

sixshot":2449nitl said:
Jim, it looks like you have it down pretty good, I'm always willing to lend a hand, especially when it comes to eating from a dutch oven! Yummy!!

Dick

THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN.
Really Dick thanks a lot for getting me in this dutch stuff.
I really like to cook and this is such a pain in the arsh it is fun.
Thanks Pard,
Jim