SITUATION FIXED—-SHOP RUGER IS A JOKE!!!!Who to contact?????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lark63

Single-Sixer
scubadad said:
I had ordered a set of grips that got lost in shipping. They promptly sent out another set. The next day the first set showed up in the mail. They called me, sent emails and snail mail trying to get me to return the extra set. I never did reply.

If its any consolation I screwed them back for you. If I had an extra hat I would send it to you

WOW

I'm not allowed to type what I really think.

scubadad said:
I had ordered a set of grips that got lost in shipping. They promptly sent out another set. The next day the first set showed up in the mail. They called me, sent emails and snail mail trying to get me to return the extra set. I never did reply.

If its any consolation I screwed them back for you. If I had an extra hat I would send it to you
PLEASE Explain to me how a set of grips, lost in the mail, is Rugers fault? Also PLEASE explain to me how they, RUGER, screwed you? There are words for individuals like you, but the rules of this forum will not allow me to type them.

woodperson

Single-Sixer
Are you gonna wear your free hat and tee shirt while you complain loudly about Ruger service now? Ruger is sorta a love/hate deal.

woodperson said:
Are you gonna wear your free hat and tee shirt while you complain loudly about Ruger service now? Ruger is sorta a love/hate deal.

That's not entirely fair.

I have received tremendous service over a lot of years. And mostly I continue to receive great service. But I've also been completely crapped on by them recently, and just like with the OP of this thread, there was nobody at Ruger that would listen.

So, because we've received great service in the past, but now an employee sees himself as more important than both Ruger and the customer, we can't talk about how we've been treated by this new employee? As the older employees leave, and the new model of employees take over, it can start an irreversible trend. We don't want that to happen.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
CMH said:
Well..... the email I sent Friday got me a call from Ruger just now. They apologized for what happened and are sending me my hat as well as a t shirt to more than cover the $5 shipping but the trouble as well. The lady (Gail) I spoke to was from Ruger and not shop Ruger and was pleasant to speak with..... she represented the kind of customer service Ruger was and evidently still is known for!!

Good news and restores my opinion of Ruger. Did she indicate how they were going to address the problem in the long term?

Patience, politeness and perseverance always pays off!

CMH

Blackhawk
woodperson said:

Go back and -re-read everything I have posted before you go running your mouth. I've shot Rugers since I was four years old.... the majority of all of my handguns are RUGERS and I have several Ruger long Guns as well. I did not bash Ruger I bashed an episode of customer service. And when I finally escaped the folks at shop Ruger and talked to someone at Ruger I praised the service I received. I was not asking for anymore than I felt I was owed which was a hat and $5 shipping. It was Ruger who upped the ante.... so before you insult people you should know what your talking about..... to do so without knowing shows excessive ignorance!!! Craig

CMH

Blackhawk
All I will say is no she did not but I gather these two separate entities within one entity isn't working well as it seems to be a problem. I know it was a big difference between talking to Ruger and Shop Ruger......

Hondo44 said:
CMH said:
Well..... the email I sent Friday got me a call from Ruger just now. They apologized for what happened and are sending me my hat as well as a t shirt to more than cover the $5 shipping but the trouble as well. The lady (Gail) I spoke to was from Ruger and not shop Ruger and was pleasant to speak with..... she represented the kind of customer service Ruger was and evidently still is known for!!

Good news and restores my opinion of Ruger. Did she indicate how they were going to address the problem in the long term?

Patience, politeness and perseverance always pays off!

CMH

Blackhawk
WAYNO said:
woodperson said:

That's not entirely fair.

I have received tremendous service over a lot of years. And mostly I continue to receive great service. But I've also been completely crapped on by them recently, and just like with the OP of this thread, there was nobody at Ruger that would listen.

So, because we've received great service in the past, but now an employee sees himself as more important than both Ruger and the customer, we can't talk about how we've been treated by this new employee? As the older employees leave, and the new model of employees take over, it can start an irreversible trend. We don't want that to happen.

Yes Sir!!!!

Hondo44

Hawkeye
CMH said:
woodperson said:

Go back and -re-read everything I have posted before you go running your mouth. I've shot Rugers since I was four years old.... the majority of all of my handguns are RUGERS and I have several Ruger long Guns as well. I did not bash Ruger I bashed an episode of customer service. And when I finally escaped the folks at shop Ruger and talked to someone at Ruger I praised the service I received. I was not asking for anymore than I felt I was owed which was a hat and $5 shipping. It was Ruger who upped the ante.... so before you insult people you should know what your talking about..... to do so without knowing shows excessive ignorance!!! Craig

Well said!

woodperson

Single-Sixer
Okay. I did go back and re read the thread and what you posted. And you are correct, you only complained about the promotion that was not honored.

You are correct that it would have been a good time for me to keep my mouth shut.

I apologize.

Bill

Hondo44

Hawkeye
woodperson said:
Okay. I did go back and re read the thread and what you posted. And you are correct, you only complained about the promotion that was not honored.

You are correct that it would have been a good time for me to keep my mouth shut.

I apologize.

Bill

Bill,

Most of us have "had a turn in the barrel" so you have lot's of company, but not a jerk, just human. You're a good man Charlie Brown. Glad to have you as a fellow member!

wolfsong

Staff member
Bill, the Lord knows I've eaten my share of crow here. Learn from it and move on, my friend. Good of you to "Cowboy up" and dust yourself off. Unlike another who posted something sideways in this thread you had the manners and class to own it. Kudos.

Peace and God bless, Wolfie.

CMH

Blackhawk
Received a package from Ruger yesterday that contained a much nicer hat than was advertised as well as a double sided Ruger t-shirt and a couple of stickers..... thanks RUGER!!!