Single six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
I went off on a mission some time back after seeing some Single Sixes that were case colored with blue, faux ivory grips with the scrim shaw Ruger logo on the bottom of the grip. I guess my fascination with them was that they looked like a baby Vaquero. I now have a NIB 4 & 5/8 model BNV-224-SI on the way to go along with my 5 & 1/2, BNV-225-SI picture at the bottom. The photo, I was sending a friend the frames sizes of the CC&B Ruger revolvers that I knew of. Thought I share all the info to date with you, I was able to obtain from one of our guru's, the nose knows, the who's who. And I truly appreciate the fact they will share....Here is the skinny

"BNV-224SI & BNV-225SI. Special Distributor models. Known serial number ranges 268-22681 to 268-24676, (BNV-224SI) and 268-22484 to 268-24684 (BNV-225SI). A total of 626 BNV-224SI and 599 of BNV-225SI were shipped from 2001 to 2003 to Accusport (Oh) and Williams Shooter Supply (IL). Williams received 76 BNV-224SI and 19 BNV-225SI of the total in 2003."

magt2p.jpg

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Nice Snag,
The 1st ones had the WRM on the left side of barrel and the last ones had the WRM on the bottom of the barrel.

I would be curious for my notes as to your two guns WRM's location and their serial number if you wouldn't mind sharing via PM.
Thanks
Terry

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
T.A. WORKMAN said:
Nice Snag,
The 1st ones had the WRM on the left side of barrel and the last ones had the WRM on the bottom of the barrel.

I would be curious for my notes as to your two guns WRM's location and their serial number if you wouldn't mind sharing via PM.
Thanks
Terry

I'll do that very thing.....An update, I just caught wind of a pair of NIB, BNV-224-SI, consecutive serial number guns that might be had. I'm sure they will bring a premium but with as few guns produced this could be the only known cons pair out there, who knows...

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Gorgeous matching set of all three frame sizes in CC&B!!

Can't make out the serial prefixes; are they three different calibers as well? 44 or 45 on the large frame and 357 on the mid frame?

The mid frame just needs a standard hammer to be a complete match.

You have a NIB 4 & 5/8 model BNV-224-SI on the way...oh no, now you have to find CC&B large and mid frames with short barrels!!!! Where does it end?

street

Hunter
JPGLSG said:
T.A. WORKMAN said:
Nice Snag,

Thanks
Terry

I'll do that very thing.....An update, I just caught wind of a pair of NIB, BNV-224-SI, consecutive serial number guns that might be had. I'm sure they will bring a premium but with as few guns produced this could be the only known cons pair out there, who knows...
At one time, I have since sold them, I had a consecutive pair of the BNV-224-SI, Serial numbers "268-23375 and 268-23376". Unless the pair that you are looking at is the same ones then there are at least 2 sets out there.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
street said:
JPGLSG said:
T.A. WORKMAN said:
Nice Snag,

Thanks
Terry

At one time, I have since sold them, I had a consecutive pair of the BNV-224-SI, Serial numbers "268-23375 and 268-23376". Unless the pair that you are looking at is the same ones then there are at least 2 sets out there.

Well there must be at least 2 set of 224-SI out there in Ruger land if your old set is still together. Check your PM box you will like this.