Single Six Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Beaver Creek

Single-Sixer
Yep, made a few. Some folks say about a 100.

SC6Nic.jpg

AJGUNNER

Hunter
So if I were to happen to stumble across one for say $350, I should try not to break my wrist getting the bucks out of my pocket???

AJGUNNER

Hunter
It has a 264-xxxx serial number so I think the seller is mistaken on this one. Bummer I was actually thinking I may have finally found a diamond in the dirt.

contender

Ruger Guru
I'd say that the gun in question wasn't nickled,,, but it could be stainless,,,,???
True nickled ones are rare & desirable.

AJGUNNER

Hunter
Even though it turns out to be stainless, I think I did ok in taking it. The best part is that this one is local so no shipping and no fees!!!

Chance

Buckeye
Paid the same for my '81 KNR6 and have really enjoyed shooting it.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I'm no New Model expert, but, weren't there some High Polish stainless New Model Single-Sixes?

flatgate

flatgate":1r4o0kqo said:
I'm no New Model expert, but, weren't there some High Polish stainless New Model Single-Sixes?

flatgate
Shoot, after that last new model haul you got I would say your at least advanced amateur....;)

chet15

Hawkeye
flatgate":2a569snj said:
flatgate

Yes there were, in 5-1/2" and 6-1/2" with adjustable sights. And then of course, Ruger made a few thousand Vaquero style Single-Sixes in stainless, all of which were high polish (look like nickle).
Chet15

yessir, sounds like a "nice gun" and we have seen quite a few that the guys polished out the stainless with, say "Mothers" and it will indeed LOOK like 'nickle' plate......wipe it down with one of them 'micro fiber ' cloths and it will look even better.........

bhp9mm

Bearcat
does anybody no what all guns ruger made in nickle or it was just the single six

flatgate

Hawkeye
Ruger made some "show" guns that were chrome or nickle plated. This was done back in the mid/late 1950's. Examples include Standard Autos, Single-Sixes and a few Flattops.

The small batch of plated Old Model Super Single-Sixes was done in an effort to "easily" cover-up "plum" cylinder frames. Well, plated gun parts are larger than original and the extra "fitting" time was deemed overly expensive. So much for the plated Rugers......

So, they are scarcer than hen's teeth and 99% of them out there are NOT Factory.

flatgate

PS Shucks, most collectors have one or two of the Non-Factory examples setting around......

45520175.jpg

Latest posts