Single Six Power Custom Bisley kit

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ssqman

Bearcat
Howdy. Long time lurker, first time poster. I want to get the Power Custom Bisley hammer kit and modified transfer bar for the New Model Single Six .22LR. Is this a simple parts swap or is there fitting involved? Do I have to modify the frame at all? Do I have to get the free spin pawl as well? I have read through a lot of old threads on this. I just need it all clarified before I drop that kind of money. Thanks.

I used a Ruger Bisley hammer and trigger on my single six. I didn't have to do anything to the transfer bar. I modified the hammer rather than the grip frame. Nothing else was needed. A free spin pawl is an optional item for anyone that wants one. Unless you are using a Bisley grip frame either the frame slot behind the hammer has to be enlarged OR you modify the Bisley hammer to the contour of the original hammer. Your choice.

Last edited:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Power Custom makes very good products and they come with excellent instructions. The frame does not need any modifications.

I highly recommend the free spin pawl for aligning the chambers with loading gate for loading and unloading on the new model .22.