Single six number 8 of 9 gun...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JPGLSG1234

Blackhawk
I'm stalled until Friday when I can collect the six and get it moving to the Gunsmith. I never knew that Ruger or one of its Distributors did a single six, 22lr only, NR-4FL, red and black cardboard box exclusive for Cabalas. I grabbed it off guns for sale....for a super duper price delivered, for this day in time. Man oh man the case color, blue, in a Bisley GF, trigger and hammer. Those Chigs custom grips to match.....picture 3.

Anyway this is what I'm up to. A while back some body made the remark, after my remark about the other grips frames, Bisley, which got me to thinking. Well I've already found a factory stainless steel, fixed sight, Bisley GF for the match on the existing two stainless pictured. The gunsmith is working on it now, can you see me smiling through your screen.

The Cabalas gun will be reassemble as a case colored, Bisley grip frame, hammer and trigger to match, pitch 3.

Just messing around with some single sixes to keep me busy waiting on guns. I'll add a photo of the gun and box when it get it.

By the way I'm still looking for that fixed sight, blue, 22lr/22mag to match up a Bisley GF with those black grips to go with those two evil black single shooters in picture 1.
BT single Sixes 2 FullSizeR (007).jpg
BT Single Sixes 3 FullSizeR (008).jpg
BT Single Sixes 4 FullSizeR (00A).jpg

JPGLSG1234

Blackhawk
It would be very interesting to find out just how many of these were made and by who. The little gold inlay on the top strap of the GF says Worlds Foremost Outfitter, Cabela's, 50th Anniversary, 1961 - 2011. I'm assuming the mfg date that is stamped on the back of the yellow envelope Dec. 6, 2010. I've never heard a word about this gun as long as I've been on the Rugers Forums. It came with all the papers, plastic gun bag, lock, keys for pad lock, and lock inside the GF. It appears to have never been fired and if it has it wasn't much, no signs of it. The box and gun must have been stored in a real cedar chest case it sure smells like it. I almost hate to remake this gun but I got it for a song.

Anyway I'll be pulling the GF frame off of it and grips a putting them up for sale. The hammer and trigger has been blued on the face which you don't see on the standard single six, I'll be listing those as well.

Off to the gun smith for the make over.

Musical instrument accessory Wood Revolver Trigger Tool

Bumper Nickel Automotive exterior Gas Automotive lighting

Handwriting Rectangle Font Material property Sky

Tire Sports equipment Automotive tire Wood Drink

Revolver Trigger Air gun Shotgun Gun barrel

Motor vehicle Wood Bumper Font Automotive exterior